• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle needs to stop crying about draft picks

MGH1989

7 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

Totally bro. The Chiefs totally should have lost more games in 2017 to have picked Trubisky at 2 instead of Mahomes at 10. If only had they “tanked” and lost more games...

You realize the Chiefs were a 12 win team the year before and traded about half their 2017 picks and a 1st in 2018 to move up to 10 to get Mahomes.

As I’ve said before, the difference of a record of 4-11 or 5-10 doesn’t establish a “winning culture”.

The Jets started 1-7 in 2019 and finished 7-9. They followed up that “strong finish” to be 2-13 in 2020. Meaningless late season wins are exactly that, meaningless. Especially for a team like this, expected to undergo more heavy roster upheaval this offseason. 

Here are the facts. The Panthers would have had a top 3 draft pick had they lost to a very bad Washington football team yesterday. Washington made so many mistakes I was surprised they even made a game of it late. If Rivera had switched to Heinecke at halftime, or started him, Washington probably would have won. 

So I guess take all the positives you want to take from what was a pretty sorry win, but I’m not so cheery. The team obviously needs a new QB and they’ve now put other potentially QB hungry teams in front of them in the draft for the sake of good feelings I guess. We will see what happens.

30 minutes ago, hepcat said:

As I’ve said before, the difference of a record of 4-11 or 5-10 doesn’t establish a “winning culture”.

The Jets started 1-7 in 2019 and finished 7-9. They followed up that “strong finish” to be 2-13 in 2020. Meaningless late season wins are exactly that, meaningless. Especially for a team like this, expected to undergo more heavy roster upheaval this offseason. 

Here are the facts. The Panthers would have had a top 3 draft pick had they lost to a very bad Washington football team yesterday. Washington made so many mistakes I was surprised they even made a game of it late. If Rivera had switched to Heinecke at halftime, or started him, Washington probably would have won. 

So I guess take all the positives you want to take from what was a pretty sorry win, but I’m not so cheery. The team obviously needs a new QB and they’ve now put other potentially QB hungry teams in front of them in the draft for the sake of good feelings I guess. We will see what happens.

Its like people dont understand. We got 3 turnovers yesterday, a special teams TD, and only scored 20 points against a crap team.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Its like people dont understand.

I think most people here understand. I also think most people here understand that whining about it over and over and over does absolutely no good and annoys the fug out of everyone. So there's that. Finally, I think this is an NFL message board and whining over and over and over poo is kinda what people do, so keep going young sportsman.

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Its like people dont understand. We got 3 turnovers yesterday, a special teams TD, and only scored 20 points against a crap team.

The Steelers only scored 17 against them 2 weeks ago and the Seahawks only scored 20 against them last week. 

Quit whining.

8 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

A top 3 draft pick would have been great. It makes it easier to get players our fan base covets. It didn’t happen. Tough poo. Players and coaches don’t tank. Building a winning culture is far more important than any draft pick. There is a reason why the same teams pick in the top 10 and the teams that have continued success win year after year despite picking later in the draft. Panthers will most certainty be in a position to draft a good player and perhaps a QB. Hell, a guy like Tepper is aggressive enough to be willing to trade assets if the brass think there is a QB worth trading for. In summation, stop crying over poo you can’t control and take a breath.

jingle all the way christmas movies GIF

7 hours ago, Sir Purr said:

Look at all of the Super Bowls they won by doing so!

And look at how long him and Cam lasted behind dumpster fire OLs!

But let's go trade up and to make sure we get a rookie QB to play behind Greg Little (didn't we trade up for him too?), Dennis Daley, and Matt Paradis instead of taking one if they fall to us at #9.

I can get just wanting either, but the amount of folks acting like we are screwed without gambling draft picks is wild.

Archived