• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News on Joe Brady

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

I can not believe the Defense out played the offense this year, Brady looked like a rookie OC. No idea why a team would give him the time, given the way things played out. Redzone was awful and its not all Teddy fault, thats where teams score and we sucked there. 

Hes getting all the credit for that stacked LSU O bc they took a huge step back. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the talent they lost, including 1.01 burrow and 1.24 JJ who had what 1400 receiving yards this year? Ah yes, certainly all brady's doing.

Meanwhile we have his NFL resume, which consists of being involved with the saints years ago and ? Being the OC of a bad offense, one that especially struggled in the redzone? I really dont think he lands a HC coach, his resume is literally "OMG LSU! NATTY!"

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chargers job is considered one of the crown jewels right now thanks to Herbert. The Jags are probably the top job though thanks to having the #1 pick.

Chargers with a proven Herbert vs. a Dumpster Fire with the #1 pick...

...easy choice.

Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady is drawing interest to become an NFL head coach.

With his first season as an offensive coordinator complete, teams have reached out to the Panthers about interviewing Brady for their vacant head coaching jobs. Those teams include the Houston Texans, Los Angeles Chargers and Atlanta Falcons. NFL Network was first to report the news.

All three teams are scheduling interviews with a variety of candidates for their openings.

In 2020, the Panthers offense was 21st in net yards (349.5) and 24th in points per game (24.9). The unit finished the season struggling to score points, especially in the red zone. Star running back Christian McCaffrey missed 13 games during the course of the season. The Carolina offense did finish with four players totaling over 1,000 scrimmage yards — DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel and Mike Davis — becoming the fifth team in NFL history to do so.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article248274235.html

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It'd depend on who we permitted.

As is, we might already be losing our QB Coach and an offensive assistant to LSU.

If Brady were to seriously consider a head coach job, you would think that one of these guys would go along as his offensive coordinator 

Like I said in another thread, Brady’s offense didn’t impress me as much as I expected. His situational play calling was questionable and despite a wealth of weapons, the offense didn’t do enough in numerous games. 

If he moves on I think that’s fine. More reason to move on from Bridgewater and hire a more experienced OC with a track record of success developing a rookie QB.

Archived