• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston?

FuFuLamePoo

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It may be that he's unhappy with the GM hire (though we honestly don't even know if this is football related) but even if that's so, it'll be the head coach choice that more directly affects him.

I wouldn't expect to see anything happen until that's settled.

Yeah bring him someone like Bieniemy and I'm sure he'll be stoked 

23 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

He tweeted this less than an hour after Houston's GM hire last night. A lot would still have to happen, but if he publicly asked out I would give three firsts without thinking twice. He's the third best QB in the league only behind Mahomes and Rodgers.

So you want him to be in the same situation that he's currently in in Houston? 

A talented QB with no Draft capital to invest in the team around him. Seems sensible. 

8 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Yeah bring him someone like Bieniemy and I'm sure he'll be stoked 

They haven't requested an interview with Bieniemy yet. So far they've interviewed Jim Caldwell, Marvin Lewis and Joe Brady and I think they have an interview with Matt Eberflus coming up.

There's some speculation that with Caserio taking the GM job they might go after Brian Daboll (Patriots connection).

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Maybe it has nothing to do with football at all. Maybe his takeout order was missing the side item again.

Truth! Some of yall are stalking players and care about this game TOO much. A man can't even breathe without it being a football move.

Football is not K-Pop. Some of you ppl act like 14year old girls screaming for BTS when it comes to keeping up with and fighting to be the first to post mostly irrelevant crap here.

Unfortunately Houston showed this year the limitations of a franchise qb. Let's not forget we amazingly had 1 more win than them; do they have dramatically less talent than us outside of qb? Even our strength - receivers,  they have Fuller, Cooks and Stills, pretty similar caliber. So let's then take that learning point and give up 3 1st round picks right after Houston has to sacrifice the 3rd pick in the draft going all in on their franchise qb? It's one thing if we were Kansas City pre-Mahomes and a star qb away from super bowl contention.

It's a wonderful fantasy, and it might elevate us temporarily, but we would have no ammo to refill our bare cupboards. We'd have about $70 million of a shrunken 2021 cap tied in our qbs. Watson would be behind the most dismal dollar store offensive line fathomable (Moton resigning would be absolutely impossible). Looking ahead, by the time we get a 1st round pick, all our promising young players will be due extensions and we can't afford them, especially with Watson's $40 million salary. We'll end up an even worse version of Houston by 2023 with no sunny outlook in sight.

I'd like to wait on the draft, see who is available at 8 with the expectation Lance will be there and Mac Jones too if we end up liking him a lot. If we don't like any if our options at 8, we could trade our 2nd for Stafford or try to outbid Dallas for Dak if you're desperate and keep all draft picks. Of course you can also just build the rest of the team, repeat a year like 2020 where we stay competitive and take the leap in 2022, either with another rookie qb or sign Stafford or a similar veteran to a Phillip Rivers or Tom Brady-like contract without having to give up a single draft pick. But don't mortgage our entire future for a super expensive Deshaun who proved to the world he can't carry a team by himself this year.

My bar is next to stadium so coaches and staff come in.  The ones that aren’t coaches but talk after lot of drinks have been talking about Watson being our plan A B and C for the off-season.  When we complained about them winning against Washington the two guys said it won’t be our pick anyways it will be Houston’s.  Not sure if our offer will be good enough for the new GM but we are going to make an attractive package for Watson.

6 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Umm, that’s now how the huddle works. I’m thinking Hometown discount, that all vet players are begging to give us. Prob extends for vet min so we can sign 8 or 9 receivers. 

Huddlers call anybody who is from or played within two states a hometown guy.

Archived