• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Whoever on here gave that dead cap number it’s wrong.  On the radio and everywhere I’m looking it’s 21 million pre June 1st trade and post is 5 million in dead cap. 

610 is talking CMac, 1st, 2nd, and Bridgewater. 

Bill O'Brien isn't there anymore.

4 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Whoever on here gave that dead cap number it’s wrong.  On the radio and everywhere I’m looking it’s 21 million pre June 1st trade and post is 5 million in dead cap. 

610 is talking CMac, 1st, 2nd, and Bridgewater. 

They're not going to want Bridgewater, probably not McCaffrey either. They want picks, picks, picks and more picks. That's it. I DO think we could have a shot at this because of where we are picking this year. But again, all this is pointless unless he physically demands/asks for a trade.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't think we're in the roster situation to do it. We can't give up THAT much with all of our other needs. That's the type of deal that a team that thinks they're an elite QB away from a SB makes. Teams that come to mind... Bears, Niners, the Saints or Bucs if/when Brees and/or Brady retires, etc.

Exactly. In a certain situation of course it makes sense. But this team literally has one worthy olineman, one overpaid above average LB. Even the Dline is a question as some areas are good but some are really bad. Which is understandable with how young they are. No DBs. So essentially a bunch of skilled positions.

Still there is zero leaders on the team on each side of the ball and just a bad team overall.

Problem here is people are so butthurt about TB they overlook how awful the team really is overall and a new QB won’t change that, and giving away the future won’t help.

People just have to accept this team needs to be built because a single player or two isn’t going to fix it even a QB.

Getting a proven, elite QB in their prime who is locked up for years?  Honestly, the price tag pick wise shouldn't even be much of a question.  People always want to talk bust rates for QBs, 1st rounders aren't guaranteed, etc. and then balk at trading a couple of 1sts for a proven franchise player? Couldn't be me.  Whatever it takes, get it done. 

Archived