• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

let curtis samuel walk

Mister

With the amount of needs on this team, we can’t afford to overpay anyone. If we were a perennial contender then maybe.

Situations like this make the GM selection that much more important. Not just for the decision to sign/not sign, but Even more importantly, the skills to evaluate and fill those holes with cap friendly talent.

At some point it's diminishing returns to have this many offensive weapons.  Yes, Samuel has been great for us this year but you have too many mouths to feed in this offense.  Feeding Samuel the ball coincides with less targets for our other talented pass catchers, including CMC when he comes back healthy next year.  This just seems like the ideal scenario where you would let a player walk and cash in on the comp pick, while investing the savings on another position of need.

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Moton>Samuel

We have no one on Moton's level on the line. We have 2 other receivers that are at least as good as Samuel. 

Signing Moton is a priority, signing Samuel is a luxury. I would LOVE to keep him, but I think he will get a nice fat contract elsewhere. 

This :100_Emoji_42x42: love to keep Samuel but not if it means losing our best OL. There's depth @ WR in the draft and odds are we'll draft one or at least sign a few rookie FA's this offseason along with those already on the roster e.g. Omar Bayless.  

We should at least make him an offer.  I figure he will get something in the range that Cole Beasley got from the Bills (4 years, 29 mil).  I’d much rather sign Samuel and trade Robby or just ride with all 3 until next year when Robby’s contract expires.  

I want to keep him. 

If we don't, to no fault of his own, I'll blame Robby Anderson.   If Samuel walks, bringing in Robby will have proven to be mistake.   He pairs up better w/ Moore.   Is younger than Anderson.  Sigfnicant more diverse than Anderson.   Still growing. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

can't really say that and not include it was on the back of an MVP season by a do it all QB.    

Sure I can because the entire point was that the 3rd receiver isn't going to do squat for you when you need to address 4/5ths of your starting offensive line.  When building a core for a  young QB do you want Samuel or do you want an offensive line and a productive TE  along with CMC, Moore, and Anderson?. It seems pretty clear.

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Sure I can because the entire point was that the 3rd receiver isn't going to do squat for you when you need to address 4/5ths of your starting offensive line. 

you can argue a young QB with bad WRs is going to make any OL look bad. 

I don't endorse going back to the days of bad WRs.    I get keeping the trio is rough.  As I said, if we have to let Samuel walk.....I think it makes the Anderson add poor in hindsight.  That's life. 

I'm not sold on Robbie Anderson.  He had a good year.  He does some things well.  But every time a see a gust of wind level him I just worry about him holding up in a diverse role in an offense. 

Archived