• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical Trade for Deshaun Watson

Jeremy Igo

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the Texans get a good laugh out of that suggestion, given that they've already said it would take three firsts, three seconds and a player in order to even "start the conversation".

Won’t that change if the player refuses to play and demands a trade? I know it can’t be done for peanuts, but surely their asking price would have to go down right?

12 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Won’t that change if the player refuses to play and demands a trade? I know it can’t be done for peanuts, but surely their asking price would have to go down right?

Not necessarily. And just for the record, Watson's contract has a "no trade" clause that can only be waived by the team.

As to that team, they know what they have in Watson. They also know what trading him does to their cap, their quarterback position and their ability to keep future players who might be unhappy with their contract or whatever. If they don't get a ridiculous return in a trade, they not only look like idiots, they'd actually be idiots.

For now though, the Texans aren't listening to any offers. And even if they were, Bill O'Brien isn't making the deals anymore. The guy who is doing that is a graduate of the Bill Belichick School of Negotiation, so good luck making any sort of offer that doesn't make the Herschel Walker trade look like a good deal by comparison.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not necessarily. And just for the record, Watson's contract has a "no trade" clause that can only be waived by the team.

As to that team, they know what they have in Watso. They also know what trading him does to their cap, their quarterback position and their ability to keep future players who might be unhappy with their contract or whatever. If they don't get a ridiculous return in a trade, they not only look like idiots, they'd actually be idiots.

For now though, the Texans aren't listening to any offers. And even if they were, Bill O'Brien isn't making the deals anymore. The guy who is doing it is a graduate of the Bill Belichick School of Negotiation, so good luck making any sort of offer that doesn't make the Herschel Walker trade look like a good deal by comparison.

So, you’re saying there’s a chance

22 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

So, you’re saying there’s a chance

I mean, Nick Caserio could get replaced by an imposter clone who hates the Texans and wants to destroy them, so there's that.

And I suppose Bill O'Brien getting himself surgically altered to look like Caserio is an equally viable option.

Maybe that second one's more realistic. You guys have probably seen "Face Off". That could happen, right? :thinking:

Archived