• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's not just that. He doesn't study and handle his off field work.

The covid violations were not the stones that hit the camel's back just the final straw. . 

Tenn grabbed Tannehill on the rebound.  Heinicke (Last night vs. Brady) held his own--we got rid of him and drafed Grier. 

Are the Saints dumb for having Winston as the #3 QB?  His teammates did not like him.  He had baggage.  He is still a great #3 QB on any roster.

If Haskins were to go on to New Orleans and become a starting QB, for example, and we did not bring him in to kick the tires, what does that say about our front office? 

Due Diligence. 

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

The pipe dream of deshaun is actually a pipe dream. Mortenson is reporting that if he gets traded he wants Miami in a trade that would involve Tua going to Houston. 

I highly doubt Deshaun gets traded, I think the media simply needs something to talk about and this will get clicks. But if he were to get traded, Miami makes way too much sense. Houston could get Tua back and also the #3 pick to bring in a top piece to put around him. Miami easily has the most enticing package that anyone could offer. People acting like Houston would want Teddy Bridgewater from us in any package don't have a fuging clue what they are talking about.

Yeah, if New England was doing this we would be upset we weren’t even looking at him. As for Heincke, he is too small for the style he plays. He got hurt nearly every game he played for us and he looked like he was getting banged up in that Tampa game. I mean they played Haskins after he broke COVID protocol over him against us, before being left with no other option but Heincke. If we draft someone like Lance and have Teddy, Lance, and Haskins we would be ok at QB. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah, if New England was doing this we would be upset we weren’t even looking at him. As for Heincke, he is too small for the style he plays. He got hurt nearly every game he played for us and he looked like he was getting banged up in that Tampa game. I mean they played Haskins after he broke COVID protocol over him against us, before being left with no other option but Heincke. If we draft someone like Lance and have Teddy, Lance, and Haskins we would be ok at QB. 

Funny you mention that (well not funny). He separated his shoulder during the Tampa game, though he did play through it.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Dumb move.  Haskins is on the slippery slope to NFL irrelevancy and the Panthers thinking about kicking the tires is a good idea?  I guess they want to be seen as the good guys trying to give someone a second chance.  Let some other team give Haskins his second chance.  Fingers crossed they pass in him.  At least "two gloves" isn't a head case.  Remember when Haskins 'supposedly' slid down the board on draft day (only in his mind) he was going to show all the teams that passed on him what they missed out on.  Boy did he show them!!!

Yes why don’t we give Kyle Allen or Heinicke a second chance? You know the guys who progressed this year rather than collapsed.

44 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Yes why don’t we give Kyle Allen or Heinicke a second chance? You know the guys who progressed this year rather than collapsed.

Are you really equating two undrafted street FA QBs to a top 15 overall guy who obviously has a bit of a ego issue?  Should I even mention salary compensation differences?  Allen and Heinicke didn't get cut for being a bonehead either. Yep, totally the same thing. :thinking:   Very odd comparison to say the least.  Not apples and oranges, but maybe squash to kiwi?

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Are you really equating two undrafted street FA QBs to a top 15 overall guy who obviously has a bit of a ego issue?  Should I even mention salary compensation differences?  Allen and Heinicke didn't get cut for being a bonehead either. Yep, totally the same thing. :thinking:   Very odd comparison to say the least.  Not apples and oranges, but maybe squash to kiwi?

They were all on WAS team and evaluated against each other.  Haskins was the one who got cut, not even demoted to back up but cut.  That’s a big warning sign to say the least

6 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

They were all on WAS team and evaluated against each other.  Haskins was the one who got cut, not even demoted to back up but cut.  That’s a big warning sign to say the least

Oh, okay.  I follow you now. I thought you were advocating for Haskins at first.  Yeah, if Rivera cuts a guy especially at such a high profile position mid-season, he must have royally screwed up.

9 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Dumb move.  Haskins is on the slippery slope to NFL irrelevancy and the Panthers thinking about kicking the tires is a good idea?  I guess they want to be seen as the good guys trying to give someone a second chance.  Let some other team give Haskins his second chance.  Fingers crossed they pass in him.  At least "two gloves" isn't a head case.  Remember when Haskins 'supposedly' slid down the board on draft day (only in his mind) he was going to show all the teams that passed on him what they missed out on.  Boy did he show them!!!

Gotta agree here. Teddy isn’t dumb, he’s just physically limited. Haskins is quite the opposite.

Sounds like a lotta work to me. Guess the Panthers have to decide if he's worth it.

Haskins is reportedly visiting today.

In his article, Person points out that the Panthers cut cornerback Josh Hawkins back in October after a similar incident to the one that happened with Haskins.

Archived