• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Contract terms and bringing in a guy are 2 different things. Rhule likely has little if anything to do with the terms of a contract, not his job. He could have expected him at 3 yr/45mil with 20 guaranteed instead of 3yr/63m with 33 guaranteed structured the way it was. 

That's where Hurneys job of determining if a player is worth the contract comes into play. This is one of his weakest areas as GM, as history has shown us. He drastically overpays for mediocre talent. 

He could come back to Rhule and say for what TB wants, he wont bring that amount of value. Instead I can bring in X number of players instead. That doesn't feel like a Hurney decision with his future on the line. He needed a homerun to save his job. TB was the pitch. And Hurney struck out. 

You really think it’s not Rhule job to to worry about contracts terms. Hurney threw the pitch. Rhule swung and missed. If you actually convince yourself that Hurney ever wanted him at all. I’m sure it much more convenient to believe Hurney went rogue on this single move. 

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I mean, if it wasn't about Bridgewater, then why did Hurney get fired?  If the team was competing hard and the rookies were playing well, then tell me what reason Tepper had to fire Hurney.

Hmm, let's see....who were by far the two most hated members of the Panthers this past season?  Teddy and Hurney, yes?  Boy, it would be awfully convenient if we could tie those two together somehow and inject new enthusiasm into the fanbase moving forward....darn....IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY!!

*Enter RoaringRiot*

After Hurney was fired, he is conveniently fed this narrative from his source that Teddy was actually Hurney's signing....woah!  What a bombshell revelation!  What an effective way to wash the stench of the disastrous Teddy signing from Rhule/Brady moving forward.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than the narrative you're pushing.  During the season, many people here thought it was plausible that Hurney was kept on this long only to be used as a scapegoat when the time was right.  That seems to be exactly what happened after three consecutive losing seasons.  Fortunately, scapegoating is only effective if you have a naïve audience who is willing to suspend all rational thought...unfortunately, that certainly appears to be us.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You really think it’s not Rhule job to to worry about contracts terms. Hurney threw the pitch. Rhule swung and missed. If you actually convince yourself that Hurney ever wanted him at all. I’m sure it much more convenient to believe Hurney went rogue on this single move. 

I dont give a flying crap whether Hurney had anything to do with TB or not. He proved long ago he has no business as GM of a pop Warner team. He's not Bill O'Brian but they must have called each other for advice. How anyone defends him as a GM after having a success % worse than a weatherman is baffling.

• Beer 3
1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Pretty hard to argue with the loser playing connect the dots in his basement 

Hmmm 🤔 Good one.

Even funnier when you consider 3,000+ of those posts were you trying to convince everyone the entire season that Teddy was actually really good.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 131025.png

2 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I hate to throw a wrench in your Q theory but my conversations about TB/Hurney happened at the time of the signing not when Hurney was fired. 

This place is fuging weird 

Your ears burning?

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair. Ron would have known Cowden from his time here, though.

Seriously, even last night after we heard the story, I still believed Washington would hire someone else and make Marty a consultant or something.

Then I wake up to this...wow.

I wonder of anyone else really wanted the job with the power structure WFT had.

• Beer 1
10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I hate to throw a wrench in your Q theory but my conversations about TB/Hurney happened at the time of the signing not when Hurney was fired. 

This place is fuging weird 

What's "fuging weird" and a "Q theory" is the idea that you've actually sat on this information for 9 months while everyone spends the entire season referring to Teddy as a "Brady signing", which you sit idly by and allow to propagate throughout these boards, only to wait til Hurney gets fired to chime in "Oh btw guys, that was actually a Hurney signing".  Thank god we are blessed to have true insiders like you to grace us with these generous morsels of information 9 months later.  The actual Joe Person special!!  Maybe that is why you defend him so much.

It's obviously your call whether you want to share things here, but your decision to do so comes with the tacit acceptance of any pushback or questioning that follows, especially when it flies in the face of logic.  I'm sorry that not everyone slurps up everything you say and treats you as this deity whose word is gospel.  Whether what you're saying is true or not, how you handled this from start to finish was weird as hell and deserving of skepticism.

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What's "fuging weird" and a "Q theory" is the idea that you've actually sat on this information for 9 months while everyone spends the entire season referring to Teddy as a "Brady signing", which you sit idly by and allow to propagate throughout these boards, only to wait til Hurney gets fired to chime in "Oh btw guys, that was actually a Hurney signing".  Thank god we are blessed to have true insiders like you to grace us with these generous morsels of information 9 months later.  The actual Joe Person special!!  Maybe that is why you defend him so much.

It's obviously your call whether you want to share things here, but your decision to do so comes with the tacit acceptance of any pushback or questioning that follows, especially when it flies in the face of logic.  I'm sorry that not everyone slurps up everything you say and treats you as this deity whose word is gospel.  Whether what you're saying is true or not, how you handled this from start to finish was weird as hell and deserving of skepticism.

Sitting on it for nine months? It's really not that hard to understand....it was the first time I saw a conversation about who was responsible for the signing.

There’s no pushback from me. I couldn't care any bit less if “MasterAwesome” on the Huddle wants to believe the truth or live in an alt-universe. I can assure you having your validation means jack poo to me. You can talk poo about me, Joe, whoever all you want...it’s fun watching you bend over backwards to prove how clueless you are. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Washington fan perspective...

I'm pretty sure most of us have wished Rivera the best. We may have hated his coaching but we all thought he was a good guy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Washington fan perspective...

I'm pretty sure most of us have wished Rivera the best. We may have hated his coaching but we all thought he was a good guy.

That Twat will get deleted by that account in about 3-4 years. If not, be sure to bump it.