• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt weighs in on Deshaun Watson and Matt Stafford

Zod

38 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I say Stafford going to Indy...they have a good GM, bet he cuts a deal

I think it's the Pats, Colts, or Niners. One of those three teams will do it. Teams that are positioned to compete now and need an upgrade at QB and in SF's situation, a QB who can stay on the field. I'd put the Bears in the mix too but I'd be shocked if the Lions traded him within the division. The Niners will likely have to significantly outbid the Pats and/or Colts to get the Lions to trade him within the conference but that's still a whole heap better than within the division.

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Cam was finished at 30 and is finished now if you don’t see that than maybe you need to quit watching football lol.

Yet Cam accounted for roughly the same amount of TDs per game as Stafford did last year with significantly less around him. But yea context doesn’t matter. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Check one of the previous 80 Watson threads. Insider said someone close to Watson said Carolina was the sleeper and he'd love to come "home"(close to Clemson).

Sorry if you believe insiders right now, he never said that. He will stay with Texans when they hire EB and all these threads will go away.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's the Pats, Colts, or Niners. One of those three teams will do it. Teams that are positioned to compete now and need an upgrade at QB and in SF's situation, a QB who can stay on the field. I'd put the Bears in the mix too but I'd be shocked if the Lions traded him within the division. The Niners will likely have to significantly outbid the Pats and/or Colts to get the Lions to trade him within the conference but that's still a whole heap better than within the division.

Funny to think of the Lions GM trading Stafford to his prior team's division rival.

Could happen, though. and he'd be very well suited to run Shanahan's offense.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Yet Cam accounted for roughly the same amount of TDs per game as Stafford did last year with significantly less around him. But yea context doesn’t matter. 

Cam has 2600 yds passing and 8 tds. Stafford had over 4K with 29 tds. Don’t give me rushing tds that came from like the 1 yd line 90 pct of the time. Cam CaNt ThRoW and is one dimensional. Stafford has almost eight seasons with over 4K and one with 5k. Sorry Cam only did it three. Maybe you should look into to stats before talking!

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm sorry but while I mean no disrespect to Stafford (who is underrated and really has been a warrior for a terrible Lions franchise) he is not in the same stratosphere as Watson even disregarding their age. 

This seems like pretty obvious exaggeration given how closely their production and situations compare.

People actually think Stat Padford is a franchise QB lol.

Every time he plays a playoff team he ends up playing terrible that why his record is like 10-65 (or something outrages like that) against teams with record over .500

He’s Matt Ryan with a stronger arm 

I just don’t get the Stafford hate. It’s bizarre considering our two best QBs in franchise history are Jake Delhomme and Cam Newton and neither is even close statistically to what Stafford is (Which is not a knock towards Cam). 

He’s 4th among active QBs in game winning drives. Behind Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger despite him only playing 13 games in his first two seasons. He’s had no one to throw to other than Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate yet he consistently throws for 4000+ yards. Since 2011 he’s only missed 8 games and has played through numerous injuries because of a consistently bad OL. Not to mention he played under Jim Schwartz and Matt Patricia. Two poo coaches. 

Now considering the Colts, Patriots, Saints, Broncos, Bears and WFT could all make a play for him, I’d worry it would take quite a bit to get him. But if a couple 2nd round picks gets it done, I’d be very happy seeing him come here. We could patiently draft and develop his successor whenever we wanted. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, JJman Returns said:

I just don’t get the Stafford hate. It’s bizarre considering our two best QBs in franchise history are Jake Delhomme and Cam Newton and neither is even close statistically to what Stafford is (Which is not a knock towards Cam). 

He’s 4th among active QBs in game winning drives. Behind Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger despite him only playing 13 games in his first two seasons. He’s had no one to throw to other than Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate yet he consistently throws for 4000+ yards. Since 2011 he’s only missed 8 games and has played through numerous injuries because of a consistently bad OL. Not to mention he played under Jim Schwartz and Matt Patricia. Two poo coaches. 

Now considering the Colts, Patriots, Saints, Broncos, Bears and WFT could all make a play for him, I’d worry it would take quite a bit to get him. But if a couple 2nd round picks gets it done, I’d be very happy seeing him come here. We could patiently draft and develop his successor whenever we wanted. 

You sound like all those Pats fans talking up Cam and what he did in the past.

There is a reason the lions parted ways with him. 

Giving up draft picks for him would be a terrible decision. 

• Poo 1