• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most penalized team in a Super Bowl

CRA

25 minutes ago, Manna said:

and all three teams came away with an L. I wonder what team #4 is. 

Well, sort of.  Dallas also had 12 penalties against Denver in Super Bowl XII and won the game handily (27-10).

Granted, the OP was "since 2000" but I am not sure why that would make any difference unless we were cherry picking data. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Well, sort of.  Dallas also had 12 penalties against Denver in Super Bowl XII and won the game handily (27-10).

Granted, the OP was "since 2000" but I am not sure why that would make any difference unless we were cherry picking data. 

Not sure why JJ picked 2000.   Just saw it and shared. 

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Well, back then you could play defense and you'd actually have to commit an offense deemed against the rules to get a flag. Pass interference was really pass interference; roughing the passer meant you really clocked someone and unnecessary roughness was usually reserved for an act of assault.

And refs weren't interested in altering the outcome of the game.

• Pie 1

lol Rigged.

Tell me, if it's rigged, why didn't JR make a huge fuss about it?  What about all the other egotistical billionaire owners who control Goodell, why haven't any of them spoken about it?  Why would they just sit back and agree to let themselves get cheated?  

Ah gee Mr. Richardson, I know your boys have had quite the showing, but it would be really good for the brand if Peyton went out on top you know?

Say no more Roger, i'm a company man after all.  You know i've done this before

Thanks for understanding Jerry.  Oh and just for good measure, make sure your tackle plays like a turnstile and your QB doesn't jump on any fumbles

I mean really, how is this supposed to work?  Does anyone really believe 11 figure net worth Tepper would even buy one of the "loser" teams knowing they would never be allowed to win?

Edited by MVPccaffrey