• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade a 1st for Jordan Love? ARTICLE: Aaron Rodgers wants clarity

WarPanthers89

I think you go back to Rhule's comments:

1. Need a player who can play with "urgency".  What does that mean?  Remember how lackadaisical Teddy seemed late in games?  Remember how many of those games we lost?  It could mean a QB who does not get the urgency of the situation--checking down and not going for the win with little time left.  It could mean game management.  Rhule is a motivator, and a lackadaisical QB with the game on the line is not leadership. 

2. There are a lot of good QBs that go to "bad organizations" and do not have support. Are we looking at a QB struggling in a "bad organization?"  Darnold?  Tua?  This will be the "offseason of the offense".  I expect a TE, OT, QB, G, and maybe a WR in free agency and the draft.  A LB and some DL help--maybe a CB on D--that is it.

Personally, if Miami takes a QB, I go after Tua.  I think he would fit in the right system.  Moton then becomes the blind side protector, putting less importance on LT. 

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That's why I think the Falcons will go defense in the first.  Why create this headache needlessly?

It's not a headache if they do like Detroit did and make it clear that they're moving on from Matt Ryan. GB couldn't do that because Rodgers is an elite QB playing at an MVP level with no signs of slowing down. Ryan and Stafford are nowhere near that level and much easier to sell the fanbase on moving on from for a full rebuild.

My guess is they stick with Ryan as he's still a rock solid starting QB and they can retool and compete with him, but who knows... Would be hard for them to pass up on Fields if he's sitting there

23 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I shouldn’t have posted 1st round pick, it could have been any pic. For the record I don’t believe we should do this, like I stated in the original post, it is just for discussion. Even a 2nd round pick was just a topic for discussion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/3-most-likely-jordan-love-trade-destinations-01ewzrpt11n7/amp

I think the issue with the JimmyG comparison is that Jimmy played when TB was hurt/suspended whatever and looked great. The only thing we've ever heard of Jordon is that he looked horrible in training camp last year, and was their third stringer going into the season. 

Was just watching some show on Fox Sports with Marcellus Wiley and Emanuel Acho the other day and they were discussing Rodgers' comments.  Wiley said according to players he knows, and he hated saying it so crass, but Love "is garbage," and many of the players behind the scenes have talked about how bad he has looked in practices and questioned why they wasted a pick on him.

So there's that.  I'm pretty sure a lot of this hubbub is just Aaron flexing because they wasted a high pick on a guy who looks like a wash out when they could've gotten him more help.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Was just watching some show on Fox Sports with Marcellus Wiley and Emanuel Acho the other day and they were discussing Rodgers' comments.  Wiley said according to players he knows, and he hated saying it so crass, but Love "is garbage," and many of the players behind the scenes have talked about how bad he has looked in practices and questioned why they wasted a pick on him.

So there's that.  I'm pretty sure a lot of this hubbub is just Aaron flexing because they wasted a high pick on a guy who looks like a wash out when they could've gotten him more help.

...which is exactly the kind of thing you think about when you just lost a championship game.

"Hey guys, imagine if you'd have taken somebody that we could have used this year."

It's honestly a pretty valid point.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This will be the "offseason of the offense".  I expect a TE, OT, QB, G, and maybe a WR in free agency and the draft.  A LB and some DL help--maybe a CB on D--that is it.

Overall I agree, but I don't think CB is a maybe. I absolutely think we're going to add a CB who we see as a starting outside CB. Whether that's via FA or a 2nd/3rd round draft pick I don't know.

I wouldn't even trade our 2nd. If there had been a preseason where we could've seen something then maybe, but he's literally never shown anything at the NFL level.

He threw 20 TDs vs. 17 INTs his final season in college. He was drafted as a high upside project. I'm not trading a 2nd rounder for someone else's project having never had the opportunity to see them in the field vs. NFL competition at least in the preseason.

It was a great pick by the Packers though. For the last few seasons, Rodgers had slipped from MVP caliber QB to that second tier of "very good but not quite MVP level" QBs. They shoot a shot across his bow with that Love pick, and *poof* Rodgers is magically right back at an MVP level.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't think a trading an 8 for a guy chosen with 26th who hasn't played a snap  is wise. The QB craze is getting nuts.

Your math is solid, BUT, what about a second and next year's 2nd (assuming they'd go for it)? We apparently "showed strong interest" in him last year. 

https://catcrave.com/2020/04/21/carolina-panthers-interest-jordan-love/

The huddle man...

"Let's trade this year's and next year's second for Jordan Love!"

But also

"Matt Stafford sucks, I wouldnt trade anymore than a 3rd for him and it would have to include them taking Bridgewater!!!!"

My goodness.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2