• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade proposal via ESPN

Zod

Yes.  

The biggest piece of the puzzle in football is QB.  It can overcome and masks issues like no other plan.  It is the cheat code in football.  And a Watson type and this moment in his career has never been available.  

I would have course negotiate for slightly different terms.  But if this is all I could work out....I'd still do it. 

Basically do you guys want to have a franchise QB right now or roll the dice that we hit or develop a franchise QB? We could use pick after pick and come up blanks. Watson is what we hope to get if we are lucky so just get him now. 

Edited by Wanderlai

I will say tho, if the team pulls it off, that I cannot WAIT for the Huddle accountants to start screaming that because Watson is getting $40M+ in 2022 & 2023 that every throw should be a TD otherwise he "isn't worth it."

Edited by Icege

Hell yes.  Don't underestimate getting a 2nd or 3rd from HOU in return.  They're going to be awful next year.  A 2022 2nd is basically a late 1st and their 3rd a late 2nd. 

So we get rid of TB, use our 2021 1st & 2nd basically on Watson.  Still have 3 picks in the top-80ish for 2022 and offset the 1st for a 4th in 2023. 

Packaging our 2021 second rounder is the stinger in this but I'd do it.

Edited by davos
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Nope. Just one first and next year's 2nd as far as picks. Watson has the leverage not Houston. Fug them and their dumb owner and his right hand mistake.

That is under the "I'll only go to Carolina" theory. I HOPE that happens but I am willing to bet that Watson has more than one place he would like to go.

I do still believe he will go for less than the media is predicting.