• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is one surprise QB...

methodtoll

33 minutes ago, Varking said:

Going to disagree there. Teddy had way better talent around him in Carolina than Minshew had in Jacksonville. He only played 9 games and lost snaps in 2 of them... the team was trying to tank and he put up 16 TD passes. That’s more than Teddy has ever had in a single season including this season. He had 21 as a rookie. He’s better than Teddy. 

Exactly . His numbers were never “bad” and he’s never had this much talent around him. I assume if we did bring him in, we’d want him to be here, which jax clearly did not. I want a qb that’s gonna either win or lose games for ya. Teddy did a whole lot of losing them for us, without offering that firecracker upside. I think if we took him and an OL or Pitts at 8... oof.

Seriously, if we miss out on a QB in the draft and a blockbuster deal can't be reached, I wouldn't mind Andy Dalton on a cheap (QB cheap) deal and let him compete with Teddy for the starting spot.  If he wins, cut Teddy and he'll be a post June 1 cut by then.  The dead cap isn't too bad this season and only $5M in 2022.

image.png.10e3782b68d20cdebee8c1ca078803d2.png