• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz update: Trade is close, with three teams involved

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Most reports out of philly has hurts as the guy. However, new coach so we will see. That locker room respects the poo out of hurts tho 

I'm really hoping so.  They may be tipping point as to whether we stay at #8 or move up.  If they are drafting a QB, we will have to jump up to #5.

Looks like Chicago is gearing up for Wentz

Bears promoted QBs coach John DeFilippo to pass-game coordinator.

It's the same role Dave Ragone left behind after it was announced he was joining Arthur Smith in Atlanta. 2021 will only be DeFilippo's second season under coach Matt Nagy but 17th overall in the league, holding recent offensive coordinator stints with the Jaguars (2019), Vikings (2018), and Browns (2015). The former's connection with Carson Wentz is of note as Chicago is reportedly in the mix for the 28-year-old.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Looks like Chicago is gearing up for Wentz

Bears promoted QBs coach John DeFilippo to pass-game coordinator.

It's the same role Dave Ragone left behind after it was announced he was joining Arthur Smith in Atlanta. 2021 will only be DeFilippo's second season under coach Matt Nagy but 17th overall in the league, holding recent offensive coordinator stints with the Jaguars (2019), Vikings (2018), and Browns (2015). The former's connection with Carson Wentz is of note as Chicago is reportedly in the mix for the 28-year-old.

Actually had the same reaction when I saw that news.

Could be unrelated, but it does raise an eyebrow.

It may seem like Teddy Bridgewater’s days in Carolina are numbered but Wentz is not the quarterback to bring into the fold. He has regressed over the last couple of years to the point where he was benched for rookie Jalen Hurts. Trading for a guy that is prone to turning the ball over has an absurd contract, and got benched for a rookie is exactly the type of quarterback Carolina needs to stay far away from regardless of what the Eagles want in return.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/panthers-should-avoid-getting-involved-in-carson-wentz-trade-talks

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I'm really hoping so.  They may be tipping point as to whether we stay at #8 or move up.  If they are drafting a QB, we will have to jump up to #5.

I am not sure about Detroit--I doubt they go QB, but with those picks next year, they are set to give Goff a season and move up for a top QB in 2022.   So I doubt it, but we should test it by asking them what they would take for Goff.  Just window shopping, fwiw.  But you cannot forget the teams who will not have a QB they like drafting behind us--hopefully, free agency and trades will fill a few of those openings, but as it stands now... a lot depends on teams within mortar range of moving up with Cincinnati, Philadelphia, and Detroit.  I worry about SF, Denver, New England, Minnesota, and possibly Dallas