• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz update: Trade is close, with three teams involved

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, it actually worked out pretty well for Miami in the long run. The pivoted from their mistake quickly. 

That's actually why some of these trades aren't a bad deal depending on what you give up. The pivot can be quick and potentially cheap.

They literally tanked for a QB and wasted it on a guy that looks like he is toast. That's not a win, its excaping a huge mistake easier. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

They literally tanked for a QB and wasted it on a guy that looks like he is toast. That's not a win, its excaping a huge mistake easier. 

My bad, you are talking about Tua. For some reason I was thinking the Cardinals and Rosen.

Well.....TBD if that pans out. Admittedly, they are in a good position as a team so you can't call it a disaster. 

• Beer 1

Regarding the Panthers, this from a collaborative article by several NFL team writers in The Athletic...

Multiple league sources told The Athletic that Washington and Carolina are in on most of these veteran quarterbacks. An intra-division trade likely sacks WFT, the Panthers have a connection to Wentz. Pat Stewart, their player personnel director, was a national scout for the Eagles for two seasons before being hired in Charlotte last year. However, league sources don’t view the Panthers as serious bidders for the 28-year-old Wentz, who is coming off the worst season of his career.

That first line is...interesting.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding the Panthers, this from a collaborative article by several NFL team writers in The Athletic...

Multiple league sources told The Athletic that Washington and Carolina are in on most of these veteran quarterbacks. An intra-division trade likely sacks WFT, the Panthers have a connection to Wentz. Pat Stewart, their player personnel director, was a national scout for the Eagles for two seasons before being hired in Charlotte last year. However, league sources don’t view the Panthers as serious bidders for the 28-year-old Wentz, who is coming off the worst season of his career.

That first line is...interesting.

I dont see how we can cut Teddy.  I would like to see us draft a guy and then restructure his deal to a more accommodating back up price/  Maybe  tack on a couple of years while lowering the overall price tag

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

My bad, you are talking about Tua. For some reason I was thinking the Cardinals and Rosen.

Well.....TBD if that pans out. Admittedly, they are in a good position as a team so you can't call it a disaster. 

Missing on a top pick QB after tanking is pretty bad. It's literally the one position keeping them from making some serious noise. If they can turn him around it would be miraculous.

I completely agree about it being less worse than a big guaranteed money contract fail due to escapability but it's still a giant fail.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont see how we can cut Teddy.  I would like to see us draft a guy and then restructure his deal to a more accommodating back up price/  Maybe  tack on a couple of years while lowering the overall price tag

From that same article...

All that said, there’s a growing sense that the Panthers could head into next season with Bridgewater as the starter again. His production slipped over the final month of the season, but that dip coincided with a knee injury that sidelined Bridgewater for a game. Offensive coordinator Joe Brady is a big reason Bridgewater is in Charlotte (the two were in New Orleans together). Brady still has confidence in Bridgewater, who had Christian McCaffrey next to him in the backfield for only three games in 2020.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yet most of you here want another NDSU product. 

Jokes on y'all.

Right, but OSUs looooong futility at the QB position in the NFL is completely acceptable.  BYU?  Okay, I'll give you Steve Young...riding out the coattails of the Montana/Walsh dynasty.

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How does Teddy stay at this point? The team has completely taken him down in public since the season ended, even if only implicitly.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We can save $8M this coming season and $21M the next by making him a post-June 1st cut. Throwing good money after bad is never a good idea. That's what always got Hurney in trouble.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

How does Teddy stay at this point? The team has completely taken him down in public since the season ended, even if only implicitly.

1.  He's under contract.

2.  He's not a pussy. 

The NFL is a big-boy league and Teddy is a mature adult who understands ups and downs of the business.

• Pie 2