• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Joe Person: players Panthers would like to re-sign

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Curtis elected to hit free agency--bet it does not work out for him.

The last 2 receiver classes (and this coming one) have been ridiculously talented and translated quite well.  There's an over abundance.  On the flipside, there's only a few guys truly ahead of him in the FA class being Allen Robinson, TY Hilton, & (maybe) Corey Davis.

I think he still gets a nice payday but the market is trending to one where you can go young and find guys in the draft in the top 3 rounds.  

• Pie 1

The list (minus the summaries):

1. OT Taylor Moton, unrestricted free agent
2. WR Curtis Samuel, unrestricted free agent
3. DL Efe Obada, restricted free agent
4. G John Miller, unrestricted free agent
5. TE Chris Manhertz, unrestricted free agent
6. OT Trent Scott, restricted free agent
7. G Chris Reed, unrestricted free agent
8. LS J.J. Jansen, unrestricted free agent
9. LB Julian Stanford, unrestricted free agent
10. WR Brandon Zylstra, restricted free agent
11. RB Mike Davis, unrestricted free agent
12. WR Keith Kirkwood, restricted free agent
13. CB Rasul Douglas, unrestricted free agent
14. CB Corn Elder, unrestricted free agent
15. FB Alex Armah, unrestricted free agent
16. WR Pharoh Cooper, unrestricted free agent
17. LB Adarius Taylor, unrestricted free agent
18. OL Tyler Larsen, unrestricted free agent
19. OL Michael Schofield, unrestricted free agent
20. OT Russell Okung, unrestricted free agent
21. LB Tahir Whitehead, unrestricted free agent

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, saX man said:

The last 2 receiver classes (and this coming one) have been ridiculously talented and translated quite well.  There's an over abundance.  On the flipside, there's only a few guys truly ahead of him in the FA class being Allen Robinson, TY Hilton, & (maybe) Corey Davis.

I think he still gets a nice payday but the market is trending to one where you can go young and find guys in the draft in the top 3 rounds.  

It will be interesting.  If you can get a good talent on a third round contract for four years, is he worth 10 times that amount?  I do not think he will get more than about $5-6m.  We probably lowballed him, saving the $$ for Moton.  We will see.

Im very close to the same, but dont have Efa as a top 3. 

In fact every single player on the list Id have back except Whitehead, if youre talking minimum types deal. Need depth.

I thought COrn played well, he shocked me in making the team. But like Douglaus as the year got older, play fell off badly. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im very close to the same, but dont have Efa as a top 3. 

In fact every single player on the list Id have back except Whitehead, if youre talking minimum types deal. Need depth.

I thought COrn played well, he shocked me in making the team. But like Douglaus as the year got older, play fell off badly. 

I really liked Corn too. If we can get someone like Ifeatu Melifonwu or Greg Newsome in the 3rd round to play boundary CB that would be amazing.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Obada and Scott as RFAs makes them very easy to keep. Miller should be relatively cheap. This off-season based on the article is what last off-season should have been. Thank god, we need to stop spending stupidly when we are rebuilding.

I think youre wrong about the easy part. Since both were UDFAs, if we tender them "as same round" cheaper one, we get nothing if they sign else where. I think its 3.XX for second rounder tender, compared to 2.X for original.  Miller should be around 4 million per, someone needs to play RG. He did fine, imo.