• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI Report + Houston NFL reporter of 45 years: It's beyond over for us (Deshaun Watson)

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Because that's probably a myth. Maybe don't trade someone to in-division, but come on ... you're a pro franchise with egos. Just win. It doesn't matter against who.

Why would you specifically target that team as your desired trade partners though, unless Watson has told you that's the only trade he's signing off on which I wouldn't completely rule out.

How can anyone buy this crap? Any team in the league could trade for him or anyone else for that matter. Think of the dumbest trade you can think of. Now double it. Here's 3yrs worth of draft picks and all of our best young players. Ohhh damn! Their not the Jets. Offer denied. Lunacy to listen to this. Not that I'd touch any of this but that is straight up, one idiots moronic take.

• Pie 2

All of my thoughts about what the Texans would do -- whether trading him or not and to where -- was based on an assumption that the Texans would act with rationality and logic. 

However, seeing what they've done this off-season, I can no longer assume that. 

So I no longer have any idea what will happen and have no opinion. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

How can anyone buy this crap? Any team in the league could trade for him or anyone else for that matter. Think of the dumbest trade you can think of. Now double it. Here's 3yrs worth of draft picks and all of our best young players. Ohhh damn! Their not the Jets. Offer denied. Lunacy to listen to this. Not that I'd touch any of this but that is straight up, one idiots moronic take.

Did you listen to anything the guy said?

He said they aren't listening to offers. That could change. Also he's assuming logical offers not absurdities that won't happen.

Edited by Moo Daeng

26 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

At the moment, they're turning down everybody. They're not even listening to the offers.

As to why the Jets, probably because they can offer the highest pick of anyone but the Jags, who aren't trading. Hence, they're the only team that can guarantee one of this year's top two quarterbacks.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

At the moment, they're turning down everybody. They're not even listening to the offers.

As to why the Jets, probably because they can offer the highest pick of anyone but the Jags, who aren't trading. Hence, they're the only team that can guarantee one of this year's top two quarterbacks.

Well...that is what they are saying, anyway.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well...that is what they are saying, anyway.

Actually, the original source on that was other teams.

When it was first mentioned, Tom Pelissero called around to a bunch of teams to ask about it. They all said nobody from the Texans was picking up or returning their calls. I suppose they might be listening to their voicemails but hey... 😕

I forget who it was but someone else pointed out that Caserio spent a lot of years watching Bill Belichick say no to people. He's said to be of the same mindset.

(given that he seems to be sweeping out anybody who might disagree with him that's not hard to believe)

Edited by Mr. Scot

Adamantly telling teams they aren't accepting them doesn't sound like it would serve their interests if it's not true. It's in their interest to get more offers, not fewer.

Sometimes the simple explanation if front of you that everyone involved is giving you is possibly the truth. 

Edited by Moo Daeng