• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

report: panthers called about darnold

PhillyB

We seem to be mentioned in every rumor or discussion whenever just about any player (particularly QBs) is brought up. I hope that we have an actual plan in mind and aren't just out there desperately trying to get anyone with a name and a pulse to join the team.

All of these mentions could simply be tons of twitter wannabe journalists just parroting each others' ginned-up rumors, or they could be a serious sign that our front office/coaching just isn't ready for primetime. We could also be thoughtfully making inquiries everywhere to set a smokescreen and to sow chaos.

Sure hope it's to sow chaos and that we really have a plan in place. 

2 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

I have to admit this front office is scaring me . I don’t like none of these qbs they hold in high regard . None of them . I bet we wanna trade the 8th pick for him too huh 

Fritterer is keeping true to his "we will be in on every deal". Doesn't necessarily mean we will make an offer on Darnold

Just now, panthers320 said:

Fritterer is keeping true to his "we will be in on every deal". Doesn't necessarily mean we will make an offer on Darnold

Why would you gauge interest on someone who isn’t good ? I’m cool with seeing what the market is but usually when you reach out you have some type of interest in having that guy on the team . Idk they seem desperate like i said a couple weeks ago. Rhule came in and said we gonna rebuild this gonna take a while. Now they all over the place tryna rush the process which one is it ? 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, BrizzMachete said:

Why would you gauge interest on someone who isn’t good ? I’m cool with seeing what the market is but usually when you reach out you have some type of interest in having that guy on the team . Idk they seem desperate like i said a couple weeks ago. Rhule came in and said we gonna rebuild this gonna take a while. Now they all over the place tryna rush the process which one is it ? 

This isn't the case but if they find out the Jets are wanting a 2nd for Darnold and they call the Eagles and find out they are wanting a 2nd for Wentz they can judge what the QB market is and they can use that as a base for what Watson/trading up for a QB is worth. Just helps them guage where the market is an what they might have to offer for someone they actually do want. 

2 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

This isn't the case but if they find out the Jets are wanting a 2nd for Darnold and they call the Eagles and find out they are wanting a 2nd for Wentz they can judge what the QB market is and they can use that as a base for what Watson/trading up for a QB is worth. Just helps them guage where the market is an what they might have to offer for someone they actually do want. 

Long as they have a plan I’m on board . Just seem like last year plan got scraped a lil too fast for me . I hope they prove me wrong i don’t mind being wrong .