• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Colts reach deal on Wentz trade

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, FearTheCats said:

Went over to an Eagles board just to see what they think and most of them are convinced that Hurts will be the guy. Hope they are right.

It's a double-edged sword though.

If Hurts is not the guy, they draft a quarterback.

If Hurts is the guy, they potentially trade the pick to someone else who drafts a quarterback.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's a double-edged sword though.

If Hurts is not the guy, they draft a quarterback.

If Hurts is the guy, they potentially trade the pick to someone else who drafts a quarterback.

Or they do neither and take the BPA at OL / WR, let's include all three options ''triple-edge sword''. Their OL is old and they may be able to take Sewell / Slater at that spot. 

They're WR room is old as well Jackson / Jeffrey (Goodwin opt out) -- Jalen Reagor about the only bright spot at that position for them (maybe Fulgham as well) -- Waddle / Chase / Smith all have a chance to be there as well. 

So while I'm not saying they won't take a QB / or trade back, they don't have to do those things either. 

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Or they do neither and take the BPA at OL / WR, let's include all three options ''triple-edge sword''. Their OL is old and they may be able to take Sewell / Slater at that spot. 

They're WR room is old as well Jackson / Jeffrey (Goodwin opt out) -- Jalen Reagor about the only bright spot at that position for them (maybe Fulgham as well) -- Waddle / Chase / Smith all have a chance to be there as well. 

So while I'm not saying they won't take a QB / or trade back, they don't have to do those things either. 

It's possible.

Barring a trade, pretty sure we're going to be nervous about this right up to draft day.

Edited by Mr. Scot

lol at the people who honestly thought Wentz was going to net the Eagles 2 1st rounders. 

Most thought a few months ago there was no way the Eagles would be able to move Wentz. 

So the Eagles can move forward with their guy (Hurts) and Reich can try to fix Wentz. I’m shocked the Eagles got as high of picks as they did.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, trueblade said:

You'll lose that bet.

All depends on Frank Reich, I suppose.

A couple of years ago Wentz looked like he was trending toward future MVP status. Not sure if it was the injuries or something else, but he fell hard.

I'm not even gonna try to predict what happens next with him.

13 minutes ago, FearTheCats said:

Went over to an Eagles board just to see what they think and most of them are convinced that Hurts will be the guy. Hope they are right.

I don't know why Panthers fans think that the Eagles would give up on Hurts so easily. The real question to me is whether the Eagles will trade their pick tp some team that wants to jump us.

• Pie 1