• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So now there's this...

Will someone make the Jaguars an offer they can't refuse?

The most intriguing potential suitor for 2021 is the Panthers. Carolina holds the eighth overall pick. If they package that pick with several other selections in an effort to keep Lawrence in close to Clemson, will that be enough to get the Jaguars to pull the trigger?

No, I don't buy that the Panthers will do this. It's pure speculation, but so was Newton's "bold prediction" and people went apesh-t over that.

What we'd have to give up just to get to number two or number three would probably make me cringe. Can't imagine what it would take to get to number one.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 5

In a world where the amount of capital to get Watson equals that of obtaining the #1 pick this year, I wonder which direction this fanbase would lean.

Watson vs Sunshine 

Who is everyone taking?

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

In a world where the amount of capital to get Watson equals that of obtaining the #1 pick this year, I wonder which direction this fanbase would lean.

Watson vs Sunshine 

Who is everyone taking?

I'll take the proven MVP caliber QB. Yes, even over the rookie contract.

• Pie 3
1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Watson vs Sunshine 

Who is everyone taking?

Watson is established, but Lawrence is younger and significantly cheaper on a rookie contract.

It would depend heavily on your evaluation of Lawrence. If you think he could genuinely be as good as Watson, it becomes a real debate.

• Pie 1
20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Will someone make the Jaguars an offer they can't refuse?

The most intriguing potential suitor for 2021 is the Panthers. Carolina holds the eighth overall pick. If they package that pick with several other selections in an effort to keep Lawrence in close to Clemson, will that be enough to get the Jaguars to pull the trigger?

No, I don't buy that the Panthers will do this. It's pure speculation, but so was Newton's "bold prediction" and people went apesh-t over that.

What we'd have to give up just to get to number two or number three would probably make me cringe. Can't imagine what it would take to get to number one.

It has crossed my mind that with how hard they are going after a sure fire starting qb that the number pick would be on the table.  But the cost would be mind boggling.

• Pie 1
5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just not sold on Lawrence being this super prospect. Yeah, he checks all the boxes but the vast majority of the time he's ever taken a field his team was head and shoulders better than the competition.

But you are sold on Zach Wilson being this super prospect ? Make it make sense Linville . 

• Poo 1