• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitch Trubisky

Shocker

Just now, Tbe said:

Huh....wasn’t paying attention I guess.

Why did the Bears kick him loose? 

Because he wasn’t Mahomes or Watson and Nagy is a terrible offensive coordinator. He’s not perfect, but for the cheap contract he’ll likely sign, he’s about as good an option as we’ll have without selling the farm. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

33 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Lol. That is the biggest bunch of crap I ever read. There defense lead them to the playoffs. His stats were pedestrian. 

If not for when they benched him for Foles (who looked way worse than Trubisky under Nagy), his stats work out to around 3600 yards and 28 TDs. That would be middle of the pack in yardage and #11 in TDs last year.

I think we have the better weapons and the far better offensive system. Nagy looks like a hack IMHO.

They had the #11 D in yardage and #14 D in scoring. Their D was decent. Above average. But definitely not a dominant D.

• Pie 4

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If not for when they benched him for Foles (who looked way worse than Trubisky under Nagy), his stats work out to around 3600 yards and 28 TDs. That would be middle of the pack in yardage and #11 in TDs last year.

I think we have the better weapons and the far better offensive system. Nagy looks like a hack IMHO.

They had the #11 D in yardage and #14 D in scoring. Their D was decent. Above average. But definitely not a dominant D.

I think for me I would rather take a raw rookie than a guy who has consistently struggled at this level. 
Sure he will have periods where he looks decent, even Bridgewater had those occasionally. But I just don’t want a retread. Either we get Watson, a rookie or have to endure another torturous season under Captain 2-Yards-On-4th-and-9. 

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Why wasn’t the defense carrying them to the playoffs when Foles was the QB? 

Because they were playing against real playoff teams. The defense was holding teams under 20 points during the Bears winning streak and Mitch was beating bad teams. 
When he faced an actual good team in week 17, Green Bay, he crumbled and they were blown out.