• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

Hasn't been the cleanest pro day in history.... but GAWD ALMIGHTY that kid can SLING the ball. 

I think Trey was hurt not getting the same chance to play throughout the season but this should serve as an eye opener for people who haven't seen this young man play. 

Would love to be a fly on the wall in some of these meetings breaking down film.

All in on Lance at 8 if the draft falls that way.

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Interesting Panther related broadcast notes. 

“you know DJ Moore would have caught that one” referring to a well thrown red zone fade that was off the finger tips of the receiver.

Daniel Jeremiah then mentioned some of the traits Matt Rhule has stated he wants in a franchise QB, and how Trey Lance fits that mold. Lastly he mentioned that teams interested in Lance have to be thinking about moving in front of Carolina.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Hasn't been the cleanest pro day in history.... but GAWD ALMIGHTY that kid can SLING the ball. 

I think Trey was hurt not getting the same chance to play throughout the season but this should serve as an eye opener for people who haven't seen this young man play. 

Would love to be a fly on the wall in some of these meetings breaking down film.

All in on Lance at 8 if the draft falls that way.

Trey ain't lasting till the 8th pick

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Do you think all 4 are gone before we pick?

I think all 4 could be gone by pick 8.. in that scenario though I think it’s because we traded up for our guy and now a team like Miami has pick 8. Personally I’d be shocked if we stayed at 8, and all 4 guys are gone. Not impossible but to me it seems unlikely

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

Interesting Panther related broadcast notes. 

“you know DJ Moore would have caught that one” referring to a well thrown red zone fade that was off the finger tips of the receiver.

Daniel Jeremiah then mentioned some of the traits Matt Rhule has stated he wants in a franchise QB, and how Trey Lance fits that mold. Lastly he mentioned that teams interested in Lance have to be thinking about moving in front of Carolina.  

Dang it!

6 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

My favorite aspect of this pro day was the tidbit mentioned by Daniel Jeremiah during the broadcast. 

During the off-season Lance's QB coach, Quincy Avery, reached out to a bunch of NFL scouts, execs, insiders etc. They complied a list of what they called "QB needy" teams. 

Lance and Avery then broke down film together of all those teams and then crafted this entire workout with throws, plays, reads etc that are prevalent in those teams' offenses. 

Absolutely brilliant move to endear yourself to a team by showing you can run their offense and make their throws. I'm sure the coaches love the attention to detail and commitment to incorporating those throws and concepts as well. 

The guy has a reputation to be a perfectionist and looks for every edge off the field he can find.

I like him.

• Pie 4