• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Easy with the Pat Elflein takes

Hugo

2 minutes ago, Hugo said:

First off, no one here is a better talent evaluator than Rhule and Fitterer, so lets pump the breaks and stop acting like we all know this is a bad move.

Through the draft process back in 2017, there was one NFC West scout who said this about the player: 

He was viewed as the best center in the whole draft and was compared to Travis Frederick and Corey Linsley. The Vikings traded up to get him.

He was great for the Vikings up until his first injury. Since then, injuries have started to stack up. 

The point is this: the potential is there, and Rhule and Fitterer believe they can fix him. They know way more than all of us, lets give em a chance. 

ALSO: You never know with O-line, two examples.

- Andrew Norwell: He is not the top 10 guard he seemed to be when we let him go. 

- Darryl Williams: He is not the worst RT in the NFL as he seemed to be when we let him go. He looks like a top 10-15 RT.  

A sensible and leveled response that isn’t an overreaction either negatively or positively... you must be lost.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

I mean, we don't even know if the top tackles would be entertaining conversations with us.  UFAs have options and preferences.  Charlotte isn't always at the top. At least we've got some guys that are still in their 20s.  Elflein, could be terrible but you never know.

• Pie 1

The contracts are extremely manageable no matter what. If they work out, it’s a very good price, if not, we aren’t killed in cap. People always freak out unless it’s a superstar who signs for league minimum.  

People also forget we needed starters and backups across the board on the line. Both guys signed can play multiple roles if needed so very good depth at a minimum.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I remember Elflein being pretty good in the past. Don't know as much about Erving.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not "freaked out" by either signing, but I am a little concerned about us pursuing recently injured players again.

Yeah the injuries worry me.  But we should be use to that on this team.  Maybe our karma has changed this time around.

14 minutes ago, Hugo said:

First off, no one here is a better talent evaluator than Rhule and Fitterer, so lets pump the breaks and stop acting like we all know this is a bad move.

All I'm gonna say is man, how many times did we see literally this same post made over the years about Fox/Hurney and Rivera/Hurney after we signed some dude that proved to be trash?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

yeah i don't get the freakouts here. we're paying them backup money and we need backups. if they turn into good starters that's value. what's the big deal?

Hell yea man I like it. We complain about OL, we need OL, people who aren't morons know change of teams can help(or hurt), not too much money. We're set up to gain not lose...

• Beer 1