• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers FA and a JAG world

Jmac

Patriots just signed Hunter Henry and 2 quality WR's for Cam to work with. Frustrating that we always seem to look at players with injury concerns or 2nd/3rd tier players. Year after year they are always cap strapped. Now that Hurney is gone, hoping that the new regime will get it sorted out.

Have to improve the roster with quality players instead of plug and play JAG's. Spend the money right instead of bloated contracts that they end up losing $$ on.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Patriots just signed Hunter Henry and 2 quality WR's for Cam to work with. Frustrating that we always seem to look at players with injury concerns or 2nd/3rd tier players. Year after year they are always cap strapped. Now that Hurney is gone, hoping that the new regime will get it sorted out.

Have to improve the roster with quality players instead of plug and play JAG's. Spend the money right instead of bloated contracts that they end up losing $$ on.

I am pretty happy to NOT be doing what the Pats are doing. The crazy money they are spending is highly unlikely to pay off.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hunter Henry AND Jonnu? Agholor and Bourne are a bit underwhelming as primary receivers but those signings make more sense with both Henry and Smith at TE. Cam's always done well with 2 TEs so this is an interesting roster construction, both for Cam and potentially beyond. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am pretty happy to NOT be doing what the Pats are doing. The crazy money they are spending is highly unlikely to pay off.

I have a feeling you are right but as history goes its so hard for me to fully doubt Darth Hoodie. I still think that socially awkward misfit is some sort of evil genius and he will have them rise to rule the league again any year upcoming before we know it. 

6 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I have a feeling you are right but as history goes its so hard for me to fully doubt Darth Hoodie. I still think that socially awkward misfit is some sort of evil genius and he will have them rise to rule the league again any year upcoming before we know it. 

I think he may have lost his mind after Brady won. We'll see if he can pull a Kobe/Shaq thing and both win one. 

I sincerely hope neither of those cheating fug heads ever even sniffs a title again. 

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, Jmac said:

They overpaid drastically for a #2 a #3 and make two mediocre TEs the 3rd and 4th highest paid respectively.... The Tom Brady FAs signing for a discount era is gone.

34 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Hunter Henry AND Jonnu? Agholor and Bourne are a bit underwhelming as primary receivers but those signings make more sense with both Henry and Smith at TE. Cam's always done well with 2 TEs so this is an interesting roster construction, both for Cam and potentially beyond. 

That's the first thing that came to mind for me. It honestly looks like they're building a supporting cast of talent to fit Cam's strengths while he's on a "prove it" contract. I'm glad they didn't decide to toss him to the curb after putting him on the field with Arena League caliber offensive weapons.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he may have lost his mind after Brady won

This.

The Patriots are in drunken sailor territory.

BeliCheck turned into George Steinbrenner on steroids.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/16/patriots-nfl-free-agency-spree-hunter-henry-gets-37-5-million/

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/patriots-bill-belichick-appear-out-for-tom-brady-revenge/

• Flames 1

I am fine with not spending crazy money in free agency, it's almost always way overpaying. Just such a bad way to acquire talent. 

So far, nothing promising and only smallish mistakes. They are trying to upgrade DT adn CB so yay. Still need Olinemen we can play or it will be Teddy quality on the Oline this year. Hopefully the UDFA OG corps is strong this year so we can get some better options, we are still looking bad with a lot less money to spend as it stands. 

32 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

And everybody but Newton making the money there. I feel a little bad for him relatively speaking.

Cam very well could be in a place that he's more interested in trying to resurrect his NFL career and compete to win than he is further padding his bank account.

Even if he's trying to maximize his earnings, taking a one year prove it deal packed with incentives surrounded by quality talent is probably the best long-term strategy rathet than trying to maximize guaranteed payout this year in a cap restricted environment.

• Beer 1

Bellicheat is having an emotional overreaction to Brady winning the Super Bowl with Tampa. 

Would be crazy If they ended up even worse than last year with all these signings lol. Better hope Cam plays alot better this year because  last season it looked like his shoulder was still shot.