• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

20 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

The people I've seen on pff, ESPN, Twitter, nfl writers all seem to think Wilson or Fields both would go 1 in other years without the presence of a John Elway prospect like Lawrence, and Fields just ran a 4.41 for a QB. They pass the eye test, right now it seems like overanalysis is the issue Fields is facing (considering people are trying to say he maybe can't read defenses when his offense has nfl dudes and the routes take a while to develop) but I guess we'll seeeee

One thing is for sure, you very rarely see a prospect of this caliber as the 3rd QB off the board. If we've identified him as the guy, I'm fine with trading up to get him.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

One thing is for sure, you very rarely see a prospect of this caliber as the 3rd QB off the board. If we've identified him as the guy, I'm fine with trading up to get him.

He clearly has rough edges but he also looks like he has it all and the fact that accuracy is a consistent pro in every eval seems good to me

Tepper schemed this up so they’d cut him then once his name is cleared we just sign him for free. Genius.

Seriously, I would want him for the right price still if we are confident he will be allowed to play without a long suspension or stay on the exempt list. Don’t care what players do off the field if they aren’t criminal matters and don’t affect the on field performance, frankly.

Um yeah, let's just stay away.  Everything from every side of the Houston ordeals this offseason is toxic.  That organization, the players, their reps, the hot shots in that town, that basketball team will probably get upset in the tourney too.

Lance/Fields/Wilson it is.

Do your homework--if he is damaged goods but there is nothing more, he might be worth the gamble.  I trade stocks--you don't buy them when they are high---you wait for them to get beaten down.  I'd low ball some offer, leave it on the table until I resolve me QB issue, and decrease it every 48 hours or so.

Would it be worth betting on him to withstand the storm?  Even if it takes a year, you got him cheap. 

38 minutes ago, Bronn said:

The well has dried up imho. None of the rookies are guaranteed to even have the talent level of Stafford. Have we been mentioned seriously talking about anyone other than Watson? I don’t think we have.

I still think Sam Darnold in a new situation with talent/coaching is no bigger gamble than some of the draft prospects 

If he could be had for something that isn’t a first 

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

I don't trust Darnold as a starter bc he used to turn the ball over a lot at USC and i was suspicious of him coming into the NFL but I see the appeal

Rather spend a 2nd on Darnold than the 8th on Jones or even Lance. 

I’m not exactly a Darnold homer. 

I want him on our team but...

a - guy is disgruntled. I don't want a player who believes he should be a part of upper management decision making. Who is to say he would not do something similar here with our team if we didn't hire the people he believes we should hire? This is my biggest issue with the man. 

b - Not for 3 1st round picks.

c- I would rather trade a first round pick and draft a QB with no baggage that we can groom to be the QB we want and need. 

• Pie 2