• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your 2021 NFL Draft Trading Down Idea !?

Leotiger

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

If the top four QBs slip through our fingers and we didn’t trade up for one, it’s a fail anyway. Stay put, take a LT, prepare for a long fuging season as we try to do better at positioning ourselves for a QB in the draft next year. 

Ding. Ding. Ding.   We have a winner!

You choose the best LT available at 8 and finally solve a problem that has dogged this roster since Gross retired.  

See, that was easy.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

Trade down: 

Acquire Vikings #14 - They move up to try and get Sewell. 
Panthers get #14, 78, 2022 2nd 

With #14 Panthers draft Kyle Pitts (who’s in a free fall bc of teams taking QBs, DBs, OL).

We use #78 and 2022 2nd from Minnesota to acquire Sam Darnold. 

Use #39 (our 2nd) to draft Trevon Moehrig. 

Come out of the first two rounds with Pitts, Darnold, and Moehrig. Completely remade O and completely remade D before day 2 (and FA) is even over...

If you’re saying Pitts is gone then Slater would be the target imo. But I think Pitts is being pushed up the board just like the QBs are. I think he’ll be there middle of the round. TEs are just not historically valuable as top 10 picks the way QB, OT, WR, EDGE have been..

Edited by unicar15
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Leotiger said:

With Joe Brady calling the plays having a 3rd string WR like chase would not be a bad thang .. 

Base O would be 3 WR, much like this past year. If 1 of the 3 is out, you still got 2. WR is one of the unique spots, you can play up to 5 or none. WR is the best group too, and by far Chase is the best one. 

On 3/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, PootieNunu said:

If we miss out on a QB I really don't care what we do with the pick. Take bpa, trade back, whatever. 

I doubt many teams will be looking to trade to 8 if all the qbs are gone. We can want to trade back all we want, but someone has to want to trade up. 

If 4 QBs are gone by 8, there will be extremely good value at 8 that many teams would covet obtaining. That being said,  there will also be great teir 1 level talent available to us at 8.  Trading down to obtain a teir 2 player and maybe a couple rotational guys doesnt appeal to me.  Stay at 8 and get the BPA in a position of need.

On 3/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, PootieNunu said:

If we miss out on a QB I really don't care what we do with the pick. Take bpa, trade back, whatever. 

I doubt many teams will be looking to trade to 8 if all the qbs are gone. We can want to trade back all we want, but someone has to want to trade up. 

This is exactly it.  I'm sure there are situations that would have us wanting to trade back, but if the top 4 QB's are gone, who would want to trade with us and why?  Doesn't make sense.

13 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is exactly it.  I'm sure there are situations that would have us wanting to trade back, but if the top 4 QB's are gone, who would want to trade with us and why?  Doesn't make sense.

You think teams only trade up to snag QBs? Would you trade up to get a top flight LT? How about a DE? Shutdown corner? Lots of teams will trade multiple assets if they think the player they need will be gone by the time they draft. It literally happens every year.

45 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

You think teams only trade up to snag QBs? Would you trade up to get a top flight LT? How about a DE? Shutdown corner? Lots of teams will trade multiple assets if they think the player they need will be gone by the time they draft. It literally happens every year.

Lets say the 4 QBs are gone, also sewell, surtain, and chase. What player is someone giving us a haul to get to #8 to get? #5qb? #2wr? #2 cb? A offball linebacker? a TE?

I just don't see us accumulating many picks for one of those players. I don't want to trade back to 12-15 and only pick up a extra 2nd or 3rd in the process.

Just take whoever the best left is if we don't trade up and kick ourselves for ever entertaining the idea of signing Teddy.

Edited by PootieNunu

11 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Lets say the 4 QBs are gone, also sewell, surtain, and chase. What player is someone giving us a haul to get to #8 to get? #5qb? #2wr? #2 cb? A offball linebacker? a TE?

I just don't see us accumulating many picks for one of those players. I don't want to trade back to 12-15 and only pick up a extra 2nd or 3rd in the process.

Just take whoever the best left is if we don't trade up and kick ourselves for ever entertaining the idea of signing Teddy.

We traded up for Little. And while Hurney may be a moron, there are other morons who make stupid decisions every year. Someone will trade up for whoever they want and are afraid someone is gonna snatch before they can get them. Again, it literally happens every year. Hell, it could be Mac Jones. It could be Slater. It could be Pitts. It could literally be anyone who is projected to go in the first round.