• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Rather - DJ edition

Reebis21

Which option would you rather have  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you rather have

• Option A
    • Option B

Kenny Galloday got $72mill/4 yrs. That’s with some questionable injury history. Let’s use that as a baseline for DJ’s upcoming contract. Based on previous posts I’ve read, I believe there’s plenty on this board who’d argue they rather have DJ over Galloday. But let’s just see how this plays out. Obviously we’d all love to have a stellar WR core. But with the salary cap and all our needs, we gotta be smart about spreading it around. 

So my question is, if we had a time machine and could go back to before Curtis was signed, would u rather have:

Option A

DJ - $18mill/yr (minimum)

Or

Option B

Trade DJ for a 1st rd pick

Curtis - $11.5mill/yr (what WFT signed him for)

Robby - $10-11ish/yr (on another 3 yr deal)

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

DJ moore is hands down the most underrated player on this board. Kenny golladay is not close to the WR dj moore is. Any option that does not include moore on the Carolina panthers is the wrong option.

So then ur saying $18mill might be a low ball figure?

5 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

So then ur saying $18mill might be a low ball figure?

Hopefully we can lock him into a long term deal this summer and not let it get to free agency where his price would be driven up.  He’s a true #1 WR, neither Samuel nor Anderson are, so your 2nd option would still leave us with that need.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

Hopefully we can lock him into a long term deal this summer and not let it get to free agency where his price would be driven up.  He’s a true #1 WR, neither Samuel nor Anderson are, so your 2nd option would still leave us with that need.

I don’t dislike DJ, but I’ve never heard anybody call him an absolute game changer. He’s never discussed amongst the current great WRs in the game. More importantly, it’s his future price tag that scares the hell outta me. I also wasn’t advocating letting the man walk for nothing either.

DJ moore is the best wr we have and it’s not close. If we get a competent qb some people are gonna look very dumb thinking we should trade him. The dude has been producing with shitty qbs since Maryland. Honestly we should’ve tried to extend DJ this year and waited on CMC imo.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

DJ moore is the best wr we have and it’s not close. If we get a competent qb some people are gonna look very dumb thinking we should trade him. The dude has been producing with shitty qbs since Maryland. Honestly we should’ve tried to extend DJ this year and waited on CMC imo.

It actually is close. Look at the numbers! It's not like Robby has been playing with Kurt Warner. Moreover, Anderson is going to get a raise as well! 10-11 mil is selling him short.

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It actually is close. Look at the numbers! It's not like Robby has been playing with Kurt Warner. Moreover, Anderson is going to get a raise as well! 10-11 mil is selling him short.

Anderson is pushing 30 and he absolutely is not even close to the talent level of DJ. We can agree to disagree though. Numbers don’t tell the full story.

50 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

I don’t dislike DJ, but I’ve never heard anybody call him an absolute game changer. He’s never discussed amongst the current great WRs in the game. More importantly, it’s his future price tag that scares the hell outta me. I also wasn’t advocating letting the man walk for nothing either.

Teddy actually hits DJ in stride on a few of those passes this year instead of making DJ bail him out in a contested situation (an overlooked but very valuable strength of his), or even throws them at all on others where DJ was streaking open, and that 'game-changer' perspective might be different. Dude was absolutely in position to change games many times.

Edited by KSpan

DJ is the most underrated WR in the league right now. Option A and jt isn't close. If he signed for 18 million Id be ecstatic. I fully expect him to be the highest paid WR in the NFL when his contract is up. 

Why?

Because DJ Moore is still only 23 years old. There are rookie WRs in this draft that are a year younger than DJ. Hell, Golladay is 27. 

I would never give Curtis Samuel 11-12 a year when we have CMC on the roster.

Factor in the monster boom in salary cap were going to see in 2023 and the 100+ million we have available next season and I'm not too worried about his cost

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

DJ Moore has gotten better and better each year.  I get that sometimes players fly under the radar, but Moore has been handicapped by poor qb play.  When the ball is thrown his way, he generally is making those contester catches.  He does make big plays.

I'd say you keep him because replacing him would be more expensive or volatile with a draft pick.

• Beer 1