• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gardner Minshew

FuFuLamePoo

14 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m going to snap if I hear Minshew’s name one more time. I’m so sick and tired of JAG quarterbacks. We have one that we’re paying 60 million to already. Why do you guys keep wanting to bring in more Teddy Bridgewater?

Inaccurate! At the end of the day, Teddy won't be getting 60 mil from us! Furthermore, paying a low-risk higher-reward type of QB 2 million is a far from Bridgewater's salary and circumstance! If we keep Teddy in 2021, we'll have to pay him near 23 mil. If we let him go, we'll be on the hook for 20 mil. If we ride it out and ax him next offseason (which has been the presumption for most), we'll only be on the hook for 5 mil. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m going to snap if I hear Minshew’s name one more time. I’m so sick and tired of JAG quarterbacks. We have one that we’re paying 60 million to already. Why do you guys keep wanting to bring in more Teddy Bridgewater?

Gardner Minshew

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Because the FO blew it in FA this year.

I'd be much more excited to watch a team with "Jake Delhomme" (Minshew) than Alex Smith (Bridgewater).  I want to see DJ Moore and Robby Anderson get a chance to go deep and actually use their speed.  Bridgewater got 15 games to show us he could do that and we saw nothing.

Even if we bring in Minshew and he doesn't start, he's still better than PJ Walker and Will Grier.  What if we draft a QB?  Well, what if we do?!?!?  Now your QB room is rookie, Minshew and Bridgewater.

There is literally NO DOWNSIDE to bringing him in for the right price.  None!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I'd be much more excited to watch a team with "Jake Delhomme" (Minshew) than Alex Smith (Bridgewater).  I want to see DJ Moore and Robby Anderson get a chance to go deep and actually use their speed.  Bridgewater got 15 games to show us he could do that and we saw nothing.

Even if we bring in Minshew and he doesn't start, he's still better than PJ Walker and Will Grier.  What if we draft a QB?  Well, what if we do?!?!?  Now your QB room is rookie, Minshew and Bridgewater.

He’s cheap and already better than Teddy

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

If we get one of the top 4 QBs, there is no reason to spend any significant draft capital on minshew. But if they would give him up cheaply, sure maybe.  I still think you're looking at a 3rd or 4th and if you get a qb in round 1, I don't think you want to effectively get another qb with 3/4. I'd rather ride with Teddy for another year in that case while the rookie learns on the bench.. at least early

12 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If we get one of the top 4 QBs, there is no reason to spend any significant draft capital on minshew. But if they would give him up cheaply, sure maybe.  I still think you're looking at a 3rd or 4th and if you get a qb in round 1, I don't think you want to effectively get another qb with 3/4. I'd rather ride with Teddy for another year in that case while the rookie learns on the bench.. at least early

We blew that!

There is literally no way one of the big four fall to us at 8, and no way we can really go up with out giving away our draft for years.  All four could easily be gone in the first four picks!  Our best case now is in the Trask / Mond / Newman category.  

Edited by BrianS

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

We blew that!

There is literally no way one of the big four fall to us at 8, and no way we can really go up with out giving away our draft for years.  All four could easily be gone in the first four picks!  Our best case now is in the Trask / Mond / Newman category.  

Maybe... maybe not. Talk of SF taking Jones could mean Fields or Lance (more likely imo) is available to us.

If not I'd like to take a shot at Minshew.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Maybe... maybe not. Talk of SF taking Jones could mean Fields or Lance (more likely imo) is available to us.

If not I'd like to take a shot at Minshew.

I feel like we may have a shot at the Top 5 QBs one will fall if not some big time talent available like Sewell or Pitts