• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback trade options

Mr. Scot

I would be happy with either Darnold or Minshew ( in that order).  Darnold has not had the best of team around him in NY and I think a change of scenery will do him well.

I've also said that Minshew would do well with this offense.  He's in the mold of Jake Delhomme and would bring some fire to our offense.

Jimmy G.  I am not interested in. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Daniel Jeremiah slots Sam Darnold into this year's draft pool and puts him at #3...

I don't question Jeremiah's evaluation (I find him generally quite good). However; you can't look at this in a vacuum and not consider Darnold's contract situation. Minshew is much cheaper and just as good. I'd rather roll the dice on the 'Stash.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I don't question Jeremiah's evaluation (I find him generally quite good). However; you can't look at this in a vacuum and not consider Darnold's contract situation. Minshew is much cheaper and just as good. I'd rather roll the dice on the 'Stash.

Understood. Pretty sure Jeremiah is looking at it only from the talent aspect.

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood. Pretty sure Jeremiah is looking at it only from the talent aspect.

I'll just add "perceived" talent aspect. Part of that equation should be decision making and ball security. Minshew may even the score a little bit on that front. Darnold has been a bit of a turnover machine! That's his biggest red flag for me! Minshew was his rookie season, but he cut turnovers considerably in 2020.

I'd offer a 3rd for Darnold. Gase players have a track record of looking like different players when away from him (Robby Anderson and Tannehill) and he'd definitely look better in Joe Bradys offense with these skill players. 

I still think turnovers are his issue, going back to USC. He'd still provide more dynamic play that Teddy. No idea his upside at this point, really. But he's also young as hell like our other skill guys at 23, so I think he'd fit here. 

A third rounder is not a big risk for him.

Edited by ImaginaryKev

More than likely we will trade for darnold if it becomes available I still think he a top talented QB in this league just on a team will no help from anywhere. If we get Either him or minshew I really could see us trade down in the draft once or twice to pick up more draft capital. I think this would be the ideal scenario rather overreaching for one in the draft.