• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback trade options

Mr. Scot

(I was tempted to use 'Will Grier' as a thread title since that seems to be a trend now, but thought better of it)

Word today that Patriot insiders are saying the team has decided not to pursue a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. Reasons cited include everything from the 49ers stated desire to keep him (which pretty much nobody believes) to the team having spent too much money elsewhere.

With the 49ers trading up, each of the top three teams in the Draft now has a previous starter that looks to be on the block. Gardner Minshew (Jaguars) Sam Darnold (Jets) and Jimmy Garoppolo (49ers).

So if the Panthers were to decide on a veteran trade, which of these three would you make a case for?

(no, Deshaun Watson isn't an option; don't bother going there)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

(I was tempted to use 'Will Grier' as a thread title since that seems to be a trend now, but thought better of it)

Word today that Patriot insiders are saying the team has decided not to pursue a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. Reasons cited include everything from the 49ers stated desire to keep him (which pretty much nobody believes) to the team having spent too much money elsewhere.

With the 49ers trading up, each of the top three teams in the Draft now has a previous starter that looks to be on the block. Gardner Minshew (Jaguars) Sam Darnold (Jets) and Jimmy Garoppolo (49ers).

So if the Panthers were to decide on a veteran trade, which of these three would you make a case for?

Anyone for less then a 4th I’m good with it. Just cuz I know the fans are not happy with bridgewater ..  

Edited by Leotiger

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also, I think they know that SF will cut him, and feel that he will return to the beginning for free.

• Beer 1

Minshew and Garoppolo do not offer any traits that we currently don't get from our starter and I see no point in sinking more cap/draft capital to make a move for a lateral.

If I'm taking a chance on one it has to be Darnold. He's the youngest and has upgraded arm talent compared to Teddy that you're hoping to develop.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ja Rhule said:

In 2021 we should change name to Carolina raccoons cause we digging thru other team’s trash.

I prefer "the 'possums" because they are more fierce and intimidating. Plus they are true scavengers; whereas raccoons have some threshold of tolerance.  There's certain things they won't even touch.  'Possums? They'll go after just about anything.

• Pie 1