• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Board at #8?

Icege

What's your big board looking like at #8 with the recent moves and news that the first 3 picks will be Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones?

Do you have Fields and Lance at the top? Sewell or Slater ahead of either? Maybe secondary help in the form of Farley or Surtain II? What about grabbing a shiny new weapon in Pitts or a Bama WR?

2 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

If we end up going CB, give me JayCee Horn...I don’t know why he somehow defaulted to 3rd best CB...he’s gunna be a force for a longgggg time

Horrendous. Horn is a mediocre athlete that belongs in the second or third round, not the first, and certainly not a top 10 pick. That would be an F- pick for the Panthers.

As for the big board top 8, penciling in the top 3:

1. Lawrence 

2. Wilson 

3. Jones

------

4. Fields

5. Sewell

6. Slater

7. Pitts

8. Chase

Parsons would be next man up. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Horrendous. Horn is a mediocre athlete that belongs in the second or third round, not the first, and certainly not a top 10 pick. That would be an F- pick for the Panthers.

1. Lawrence 

2. Wilson 

3. Jones

------

4. Fields

5. Sewell

6. Slater

7. Pitts

8. Chase

I heard they like Lance why is he not on ur list?

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I heard they like Lance why is he not on ur list?

Because he's not a good QB and is at least a year away. Wasting the cheap years of a rookie QB with a shitty veteran in front of him is stupid, particularly for a team like Carolina that is going to need more than a game manager to be successful next year. 

If no quarterback I would be fine with trading down but more picks don't always guarantee anything looking at the Seahawks drafts.

Staying at 8 based on who we believe will be available Fields/Lance 1a/1b followed by Pitts/Chase and the top OT available. I may find myself in the minority but taking a tackle top 10 is my least favorite scenario in this draft. Multiple reasons for that but this could be the last top 10 pick we see for a bit if we are content at just being mediocre enough to stay middle of the pack and I would rather add more passing weapons to the offense if we can't get a fresh signal caller.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

If we end up going CB, give me JayCee Horn...I don’t know why he somehow defaulted to 3rd best CB...he’s gunna be a force for a longgggg time

Horn worries me.  As bad as the Gamecocks were and all the places opponents could attack them....teams didn’t seem to try to avoid Horn.  

11 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

1. Lawrence 

2. Wilson 

3. Jones

------

4. Fields

5. Sewell

6. Slater

7. Pitts

8. Chase

Horn is a super great athlete. 

don’t know if he is a great corner.   Opponents didn’t seem that worried about him IMO the little I watched him. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Horn worries me.  As bad as the Gamecocks were and all the places opponents could attack them....teams didn’t seem to try to avoid Horn.  

Horn is a super great athlete. 

don’t know if he is a great corner.   Opponents didn’t seem that worried about him IMO the little I watched him. 

Wrong. I think he'll struggle with NFL-level WRs because his best attribute is being grabby/disrupting WRs at the LOS. His make-up speed is not special, which is concerning for a guy you are going to have to deploy a lot in press man coverage.