• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean you can't give up a 2nd and 4th for a one year rental alone, unless you need a LT or something and are definitely making a super bowl run. They screwed themselves the moment they offered the 2nd rd pick for a project/gamble

You made more sense than Rhule did in his press conference:  "we uhm, uhm wanted to extend so we paid for a starting quarterback, uhm, uhm yeah that's all I got to say about that."

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

9 months later and this has turned into an email to the team expressing dissatisfaction.

Man, I wonder what I posted in here. I know I wanted a rookie QB (didn’t want Teddy) and I didn’t like giving up so many picks but I might have been OK with it. I just wanted to go OL heavy and we fuged that up, but hey we have our long snapper of the future.

I was never against trading for Darnold. He was a young QB on a bad team and it was worth the gamble. Everything else they did is what I have an issue with. Picking up his 5th year $19m option before he played a down with the team, not bringing in a competent veteran backup or rookie to compete with him, not properly investing in the OL to protect him. 

So yea, trading for Darnold itself wasn't a bad move. They just did nothing else to support that move.

With colts maybe moving on from Wentz after 1 year … I think we paid the market rate for Sam.. yea it didn’t work. Wish we had those picks back but that’s the price to pay for “decent qb” … atleast we didn’t trade 2 1st for Wentz for 1 year but the off-season hasn’t started yet… 

19 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

With colts maybe moving on from Wentz after 1 year … I think we paid the market rate for Sam.. yea it didn’t work. Wish we had those picks back but that’s the price to pay for “decent qb” … atleast we didn’t trade 2 1st for Wentz for 1 year but the off-season hasn’t started yet… 

I heard rumblings about this. You think there's a chance of that actually happening?

1 hour ago, Gipetto said:

It’s going to be a lot of threads like this bumped if Matt Rhule leads the panthers to the playoffs next season. I don’t know if that would ever happen but this board is full of so many hypocrites I hope it does.

Dude, I would LOVE to be so wrong I feel the need to kick myself in the dick for being so pessimistic about Rhule and his genius while celebrating a playoff birth for the first time in 5 years. 

I really don't see it happening with this coach, his staff, and their scheme. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I can't exactly blame anyone for trying to convince themselves of a move. I've always kept my negativity over moves to myself (for the most part) in prayer that the team will fall ass backwards into making the right choice. And that usually never happens. Given how hilariously incompetent the org has proven to be over the last year or so, moreso than thought possible in teh huddles wildest dreams, I don't think that they deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore from anyone. Even the most patient observers. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I heard rumblings about this. You think there's a chance of that actually happening?

Last I heard Wentz was doing well.. then the jags game happened … I think the media making somethen out of nothing… you don’t trade 2 1st for a year rental .. that’s a fireable offense.. maybe the same can be said for Sam and the panthers… 

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Dude, I would LOVE to be so wrong I feel the need to kick myself in the dick for being so pessimistic about Rhule and his genius while celebrating a playoff birth for the first time in 5 years. 

I really don't see it happening with this coach, his staff, and their scheme. 

If anyone is still enthusiastically buying what Rhule is selling without question after what he said about Slater this morning they are either insane or just looking for attention.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Its funny because you can tell who claims we're winning a SB every year. They then only ever pop back up to post stupid poo like that in hopes that one day they'll be right and that after posting dumbassery for years that it'd matter at all or that anyone would even pay em any attention in that event.

I actually have it in good confidence that they'll just get banned instead so lol.

• The D 1
  • Flames 1