• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we were the only ones who wanted sam darnold lol

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is sooooo reminiscent of the hope last year when we signed Teddy and it's largely the same crew getting duped again.

Well, I didn’t think Teddy the player had upside.  Too old.  We saw him in good spots.  Was always the same dude. 

Darnold at least has the potential.  again, he couldn’t even drink a beer when the Jets drafted him.  He had no shot in that mess for success. He has a shot here for Brady to see what he can get out of him with legit weapons and good coaching.  

Darnold is close to the age Burrow flipped the switch with Brady.  Darnold has some talent.  

• Pie 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Ifedi isn't a good player though

I get the pessimism, seems a lot like David Carr, but they felt backed into a corner and are taking a gamble. The compensation ain't as bad as yall are making it out to be imo

Agreed Ifedi isnt good, but they needed 5 million to keep him. Im sure they went to Fuller, asked for a pay cut and he thought it was a joke. Turns out they where right, Broncs saved him form getting less since Vic was his old DC in Chicago. It wasnt a full Dalton reason, but part of it. Honestly thought Fuller was more valued in the league, turns out hes not.

We weren't competing against another team for Darnold. We were giving the Jets enough to make it more advantageous to trade him versus keep him. We won't know if it is a good trade for a year or more. Frankly I said to do this last week so I think it will be a good move.  I like the aggressive attitude 

• Pie 2

I don’t get why everyone’s so mad about this? Losing a second sucks, sure, but let’s not pretend we picked up some hopeless bust. He was on the worst coached team in the league, with a garbage line, with always below average wide receivers.

Hes coming to Cmc, Dj Moore, Robbie again- and maybe Pitts?! Marcus Maye is also not happy about the trade, because once again, he knows what’s in building. I highly doubt any of you watched jets games weekly (best friends a jets fan and I live in jersey so I had to). Darnold isn’t perfect but he’s super young and has redeemable traits.

As far as THIS draft goes. We have nothing but options now. We don’t have to sell farms to a team like Atlanta for someone just as unproven (albeit it would feel better getting fields or lance there) as Darnold. Maybe come pick 8- we’re still interested in Lance if he slips. Maybe we wanna bolster the o line I’d say a Sewell somehow falls. Or we take Pitts and have the best weapons in the NFL. Or take slater and just have a blue chip o lineman. Heck, maybe Mac Jones falls and New England offers their pick and say another 1st or second next season. We have a ton of options now- before today we had our hopes rested in other teams. 

Saying Teddy is the same thing or better than Darnold is honestly lazy and misguided. Darnold is 23 and was NEVER given a shot in that craphole organization that MIGHT be finally on the turn around. In my eyes, Darnold is a college player because his age matches it- and he’s had experience playing on that crapshoot of a team.

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I don’t get why everyone’s so mad about this? Losing a second sucks, sure, but let’s not pretend we picked up some hopeless bust. He was on the worst coached team in the league, with a garbage line, with always below average wide receivers.

Hes coming to Cmc, Dj Moore, Robbie again- and maybe Pitts?! Marcus Maye is also not happy about the trade, because once again, he knows what’s in building. I highly doubt any of you watched jets games weekly (best friends a jets fan and I live in jersey so I had to). Darnold isn’t perfect but he’s super young and has redeemable traits.

As far as THIS draft goes. We have nothing but options now. We don’t have to sell farms to a team like Atlanta for someone just as unproven (albeit it would feel better getting fields or lance there) as Darnold. Maybe come pick 8- we’re still interested in Lance if he slips. Maybe we wanna bolster the o line I’d say a Sewell somehow falls. Or we take Pitts and have the best weapons in the NFL. Or take slater and just have a blue chip o lineman. Heck, maybe Mac Jones falls and New England offers their pick and say another 1st or second next season. We have a ton of options now- before today we had our hopes rested in other teams. 

Saying Teddy is the same thing or better than Darnold is honestly lazy and misguided. Darnold is 23 and was NEVER given a shot in that craphole organization that MIGHT be finally on the turn around. In my eyes, Darnold is a college player because his age matches it- and he’s had experience playing on that crapshoot of a team.

Naw, he's a hopeless bust. 

• Poo 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is sooooo reminiscent of the hope last year when we signed Teddy and it's largely the same crew getting duped again.

Nah...lol

TB had a LOT more supporters. The best Darnold is getting here is ‘no other options’, or ‘well at least he didn’t cost a lot’.

TB on the other hand I’d say was 90% optimistic he’d win some games.

I think the chances Darnold ends up being the answer for us is at best 20%. Still, it's worth a shot I suppose. Unlike when we signed Teddy at least we can say Darnold does have the arm talent to be a franchise QB. That was never true of Teddy Bridgewater. There are at least circumstances surrounding Darnold's career so far (Adam Gase, lack of talent surrounding him) that indicate he could break out with a change of scenery.

Plus, it's not like a future 2nd rounder is going to make or break this franchise. Odds are if Darnold doesn't pan out we'll be picking high enough next year to draft a QB anyway.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I think the chances Darnold ends up being the answer for us is at best 20%. Still, it's worth a shot I suppose. Unlike when we signed Teddy at least we can say Darnold does have the arm talent to be a franchise QB. That was never true of Teddy Bridgewater. There are at least circumstances surrounding Darnold's career so far (Adam Gase, lack of talent surrounding him) that indicate he could break out with a change of scenery.

Plus, it's not like a future 2nd rounder is going to make or break this franchise. Odds are if Darnold doesn't pan out we'll be picking high enough next year to draft a QB anyway.

As long as it doesn’t impede our vision of what we COULD get in a falling lance or fields, I like the move. One of those two happen to fall, have yourself a Qb competition and be in a much better place.

• Pie 1