• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Former XFL lineman Martez Ivey

Gipetto

57 minutes ago, Shocker said:

@Varking?  Got any comments on Ivey?  He any good?

He was part of our group of lineman that had to play under some very weird team circumstances. I’d like to forget the Franks years as a whole. He improved every year and I was surprised he wasn’t drafted in the later rounds when he was eligible. He was one of the few pieces on the line we could rely on. 

Look up what QBs he blocked for and it’s embarrassing for a top school who we were running out there. 

He will be a camp body to start but I wouldn’t be shocked if he found a way to become a solid backup for us. The talent is there for him to go far it’s a matter of building on fundamentals with him and having consistency. 

The biggest issue for him and the others on the line those years was that we were throwing out QB after QB and the offense had to change for each one. Harris and Grier didn’t run the same offense. Apple and Del Rio didn’t run the same offense. Franks and Trask were close enough but Jones runs a different offense. 

You aren’t doing your offensive lineman any favors by changing your offense every 3-4 drives. This is cheap upside. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1