• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold is a STEAL

The Huddler

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You're still looking for Bandaides.. I don't want to waste a opportunity to really fix the rest of the team so there is no excuses and you might be more enticing landing spot for a vet QB or being position to draft a better QB then Fields and Darnold next year... Let it play out stop making it more confusing then it needs to be..  We don't need 2 QB ? this year..

How is Justin Fields a band aid? I view him right there with Lawrence. Who is better than Fields next year? You have an accurate passer with a cannon for an arm that also runs a 4.4. If he falls it would be a steal. Watson and Mahomes fell to right around the same slot 9/10. It was reported that we “love” Fields and “like” Mac. So if a draft prospect we “love” at the most important position in sports is available you don’t draft him because you consider that a “bandaid”? 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

Back on topic, as much as I am a Sam doubter, right now I would take him any day of the week over Cam. Love him. I have his Jersey, but he is the toy that has the missing arm on your favorite one.

Gonna be some tough words to swallow when Cam has NE in the playoffs next year and we go something like 6-10 with Darnold and are essentially just treading water.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think Cam will be an improved player this year with a full offseason and having an actual NFL offense at his disposal instead of back up STs players like Damiere Byrd as his #1. Just funny to me how everyone is calling it curtains on Cams career because of what happened last year. Even the greatest coach of all time gave Cam a mulligan for the BS he had to go through to play last year

It's just crazy to me that this is the logic fans are using. They get behind guys like Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold, two Qbs who have never been elite, have never been close to that level but its okay to make excuses for their poor play. They get a "pass" because of the situations they were in or the talent around them, yet when talking about Cam there aren't allowed to be any excuses made for his poor play last year even though he was in the worst siutation out of any starting Qb in the NFL last year. Boggles my mind.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

How is Justin Fields a band aid? I view him right there with Lawrence. Who is better than Fields next year? You have an accurate passer with a cannon for an arm that also runs a 4.4. If he falls it would be a steal. Watson and Mahomes fell to right around the same slot 9/10. It was reported that we “love” Fields and “like” Mac. So if a draft prospect we “love” at the most important position in sports is available you don’t draft him because you consider that a “bandaid”? 

He is a ? Mark.. Just like Darnold is and any other rookie.. I just don't feel it's a accurate use of resources to play music chair at QB and again neglect other position while doing that.. We got the guy (for now) concentrate on working with and surrounding him with talent.. If he proves he sucks we our a better destination next year for any QB on the market or in the draft.. Playing half a season with one player then half with the other isn't answering any questions and only have us going into next season with question and no better in other position unless we hit homeruns with the rest of our picks.   It's a bandaide situation trying to find a way into putting the same effort practice time and reps in 2 players when you can focus on 1 and truly find out what you have..

Oh and your opinion on Fields is a agree to disagree situation and pretty much won't have us looking at this in the same way.. So I understand why you think like this..

Edited by WOW!!

14 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

My only concern is we pass a QB that falls to us at 8 (hopefully we never draft this high again) because we are “all in” on Darnold. If none fall to us then it looks like a solid move. If one falls to us and we draft him anyway, I’ll still be ok with the move. It’s basically next year’s second which hopefully won’t be as high as it is this year. I’m ok with taking a low risk move on a QB that has potential, but I’m not ok with ignoring other options because he MIGHT be better than advertised.

I'll take Arnold over whomever may fall to us at 8.  This team.still needs to more talent. 

LT that will start day 1, and immediately gives us the best oline we've had in years. 

Ya can't continue to draft QBs without.improving the team around them. Otherwise they will all fail. 

• Pie 1

Just now, pantherclaw said:

I'll take Arnold over whomever may fall to us at 8.  This team.still needs to more talent. 

LT that will start day 1, and immediately gives us the best oline we've had in years. 

Ya can't continue to draft QBs without.improving the team around them. Otherwise they will all fail. 

At some point a good Qb is going to have to make due with an imperfect roster and mask some problems around them. We don't have the benefit of Darnold on a rookie deal for 5 years so upgrading every single position on offense with a blue chip player just isn't going to happen. Good Qbs make those around them better if Darnold is going to be the leader of this franchise this offense is plenty good enough for him to do that with if he's worth his salt.

I agree with you though that if that LT is there at 8 we need to pull the trigger. Otherwise we needed to use what we traded for Darnold in a trade to move up into the top 5 somewhere to get our Qb. That didn't happen and they decided to roll with Darnold. Best bet is to just go all in with him and hope it works out

Jets GM on Sam:

Whether I look bad or not, I could give two s***s about that. I know that he’s gonna have success. The timing didn’t really work out for him here. We couldn’t turn this around fast enough for him. And that’s not his fault. I root for good people, and that dude’s a good man, and he’s gonna do good things. I believe that.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:51 PM, The Huddler said:

god forbid someone shows optimism on the internet, my bad guys please delete. 

Lol what? More like God forbid anyone approach the situation without sucking Sam off. Anyone who isn’t sold on a guy who has sucked every year he’s been in the league is immediately pooed.

Also lol at the “if he sucks its nbd we only gave up a 2nd.” Yeah, bc early 2nd round picks hold no value