• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy hasn't reached out to Sam yet following the trade

JABANOG

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Honestly if my company brings in new employees, I very rarely reach out to them.  The people who do seem pretty creepy to me

Would you reach out if one of those employees was somebody you knew?

That's the difference for me in this story. Bridgewater and Darnold we're already acquainted from their days together on the Jets.

I could understand not reaching out to a stranger who was brought in to replace you, but if it's somebody you know you should at least say good luck, no hard feelings, something.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Would you reach out if one of those employees was somebody you knew?

That's the difference for me in this story. Bridgewater and Darnold we're already acquainted from their days together on the Jets.

I could understand not reaching out to a stranger who was brought in to replace you, but if it's somebody you know you should at least say good luck, no hard feelings, something.

If someone you knew was hired to replace you at your job, would you reach out to say good luck, no hard feelings? Probably not. It has nothing to do with the money. 

The posters(not necessarily you) that bitch and moan when a player takes it easy after getting a big contract are the same posters who think that Teddy Bridgewater should be happy to be replaced and just take his big paycheck and move on. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

If someone you knew was hired to replace you at your job, would you reach out to say good luck, no hard feelings? Probably not. It has nothing to do with the money. 

The posters(not necessarily you) that bitch and moan when a player takes it easy after getting a big contract are the same posters who think that Teddy Bridgewater should be happy to be replaced and just take his big paycheck and move on. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

No, Teddy shouldn't be happy about it. No competitive person would.

As to what I'd say to someone I know being hired to replace me: if they lobbied for my job then I'd be upset. If it was just the company's choice though, I can't put that on them.

It's not Darnold's fault.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, Teddy shouldn't be happy about it. No competitive person would.

As to what I'd say to someone I know being hired to replace me: if they lobbied for my job then I'd be upset. If it was just the company's choice though, I can't put that on them.

It's not Darnold's fault.

Absolutely true, but they still took the job. You may be completely civil when you're working together, but you're not reaching out, especially remotely during a pandemic, to them to wish them luck in replacing you. 

50 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Absolutely true, but they still took the job. You may be completely civil when you're working together, but you're not reaching out, especially remotely during a pandemic, to them to wish them luck in replacing you. 

I'd probably still wish them luck personally.

At the same time, I'd likely be wishing for the management that chose to replace me to crash and burn.

4 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

You've never been paid 40MM and you've never had the pressure that comes with having a job that pays 40MM, so what would you know about it? He didn't win the lottery. 

This is the same bad take as seeing someone who's worked their entire life to build a career at something and saying, "must be nice to have all that money..." 

that’s total crap...he gets paid to deal with pressure....on Sundays...the rest of the time, he’s just rich 

and it’s nowhere near the same as someone who has worked their entire life to build something

he got $40m for 2 yrs...he needs to do whatever the team wants him to do

52 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

that’s total crap...he gets paid to deal with pressure....on Sundays...the rest of the time, he’s just rich 

and it’s nowhere near the same as someone who has worked their entire life to build something

he got $40m for 2 yrs...he needs to do whatever the team wants him to do

LMAO. How old are you??? How long have you followed college and pro sports??? Being a pro athlete is a full time job. 

How long would you say Teddy Bridgewater has been playing football? Just about his entire life he's played football, and not like you or I played it, it is his lifestyle. 

That's what I get for expecting more out of you rubes. You whine and complain about the Panthers not making the dumb moves that you'd make, and you criticize the character of players because you think they should be tougher by virtue of the fact that they're rich. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

LMAO. How old are you??? How long have you followed college and pro sports??? Being a pro athlete is a full time job. 

How long would you say Teddy Bridgewater has been playing football? Just about his entire life he's played football, and not like you or I played it, it is his lifestyle. 

That's what I get for expecting more out of you rubes. You whine and complain about the Panthers not making the dumb moves that you'd make, and you criticize the character of players because you think they should be tougher by virtue of the fact that they're rich. 

He is one of those football fans who holds millionaire athletes to a different standard than the billionaire owners who hold cities hostage over stadiums. Don't expect much.

19 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

If I got paid $40m for 2 yrs it would be hard for me to frown about anything 

this is dumb. people living on sidewalks in bangladesh would find it hard to frown about your complaints about your 35k/year job, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to be upset/disappointed when things go south

• Pie 2

Of all the things to criticize Teddy for this ain't really it. It might be above and beyond if he did but for all we know Teddy has already been told he's gone and it's just a matter of when, so why bother? IMO it would say a lot and be a classy move if he did but it's hardly an expectation.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

this is dumb. people living on sidewalks in bangladesh would find it hard to frown about your complaints about your 35k/year job, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to be upset/disappointed when things go south

I am not even sure what the big deal is.  Who cares whether TB has reached out to Darnold?

My cynical observation about the human species is the people who are the most judgemental and vocal about things like this are the ones who handle a similar situation extremely poorly when it happens to them.  Then we hear the age-old excuse "that's different."