• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamarr chase at 8?

RIPTreyLance

LT is a really important position for offenses  that have long developing route trees.

I would argue WR is more important in all other scenarios. Especially with a RB like cmc. How do you game plan for Moore, Anderson, CMC, and Chase...I mean if Dan Arnold is even semi-capable in the red zone that is unquestionably  the best unit in the league. I would expect the OL we have with Moton, Erving, Eiflen etc could block enough to get the ball to those guys.

I don’t expect Chase to be there unless the Phins value Pitts over Chase and the Bengals value Sewell over Chase. Even then...he’d have to get past the Lions? Idk if I see that happening with them just losing Golladay. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if we go WR at 8. Last year, a certain WR would’ve been one of the targets had they traded back. 

I personally want Sewell or Slater and it’s not even up for debate. I don’t care about how deep this draft is at tackle. If they went and got tackles in rounds 1 and 2 I’d be thrilled about it. We all know how valuable a rookie contract for a QB is but the tackles spots aren’t too far behind. If we end up paying Darnold, rookie deals at LT and RT might be needed.

Waddle may be this years version of the trade back target of last years draft. If Pitts was there he’d be the pick but that sure as hell ain’t happening so...

Give me a damn LT 

There’s been rumblings that they view slater in the same class as Sewell so I think if one of the two are there we will draft one. 

there’s been a ton of talk we are high on pitts and waddle as well. I hope we do the right thing and take the tackle regardless. We desperately need to address this oline.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

For what it’s worth, in Rhule’s most recent press conference he stated picking up Darnold allows for them to stay with the “best player available” strategy, but he followed that by saying of course that BPA must also fill a need. So if it’s between the best WR, the best LT or the best CB, you gotta think we’re not going WR.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

According to Verge, there is a strong possibility we draft a WR--Waddle is the name she mentions repeatedly--And I agree with the OL comment--but here is how they might be looking at it:

We have addressed it by signing Scott and Erv at LT, Elfein at LG, Miller at RG, Tagging Moton.

I do not like Erv and Elf, but they seem to or they would not have offered multi-year contracts on the first day of tampering at about 8:30 AM

I couldn’t see them passing up on Chase for Waddle if he is there. I mean we have his old OC from LSU. Which I think Bengals are going to draft him.

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I don’t expect Chase to be there unless the Phins value Pitts over Chase and the Bengals value Sewell over Chase. Even then...he’d have to get past the Lions? Idk if I see that happening with them just losing Golladay. 

Yea I think it’s more likely Sewell and Pitts r there before Chase is...not cuz Chase is necessarily better but bc of the teams in front of us

Bpa, wouldn’t mind chase, pitts ect but I think Sewell and slater should be at the top for us. 

just don’t mess this pick up, because just like 2017 a blue chip player is going to fall right in our laps. 

somehow if fields falls to 8 I think he’s the pick or we trade back tbh 

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I hope you are right.  I am just going through the Matt Kalil, Byron Bell, Melvin Tuten, Clarence Jones, Jeno James flashbacks.   We have been in worse shape at LT than we are this year, with Scott, Erving, Daley, and Greggy on paper to play LT. 

If they do not like him, why a 2-year deal in the morning of the first day of tampering?  I can't understand it---it scares me.

I think they like both of them - I also think they tapped them up to get them in the building as early as possible with a bidding war.

I'm sure they had an upper limit of what they were willing to pay them - why wait if you've identified two talented guys that you like?

Neither one is being paid like a starter.

Edited by OldhamA

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I for one wouldn't but Zod might want to stand by the server for a meltdown if we chose a WR at 8. 

I said earlier if Pitts and Sewell are gone at 8.  Trade down with a team that wants a QB because most likely if those two are off the board there is going to be a QB at 8. 

Or take the QB depending on who he is.