• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Player Don’t You Want?

Troys99x4

16 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Rashawn Slater. NFL evaluators don't even know if he can sustain play at left tackle and think he needs moved inside. 

"With your number 8 pick, that could be used to find a slam dunk player, Rashawn Slater left.... GUARD!!!"

Do yourself a favor.  Look up Jordan Gross's measurable s, his scouting report and then compare to Slater.  Let me know how that works out for you. 

• Pie 1

If they were picked at 8? I'd say Jones, Fields and Horn off the top of my head.

A lot of people love Horn for some reason, but he relies too much on beating guys at the line of scrimmage. I've seen some evaluators push him to a 2nd round talent. If we trade back from 8 I'm open to taking him later, but I don't see him as a top 10 player.

I agree with the Surtain logic. If we trade down to like 15ish and he's still there it's a no brainer. But he isn't a top ten pick. He's a mid first rounder in my book 

I do not want Mac Jones. 

Here's another hot take. I kinda think Zach Wilson is going to be a bust. One of these guys out of the top four is going to be and Wilson has the biggest bust potential in my book 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Man did this bring me back to Earth on Pitts or what...

I’ve felt this way for a while. I saw Pitts play at Florida and I think he’s a hell of an athlete. But I would never draft a tight end 8th. More than Pitts, though — who I could at least understand — it’s a hard no on Mac Jones. Not crazy about any CB at 8. I’m realty hoping either Sewell drops and if he doesn’t and there’s no QB, we trade down and get a LT. Or Parsons. 

4 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Any Alabama player. I have nothing against Alabama, but I don't believe any of them are worth #8. Not this year. I'd be fine with several of them in the 2nd.

Absolutely no way either of them is available in the 2nd. 

I don't want Shaun Wade. Unless it's in the 4th round or so because he looked lost in the post season.

15 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Z.Wilson do not want...

I see the Jets taking Jones...

I usually throw myself into the Draft process so I'm much more bullish on propects.

I haven't this year, for various reasons.

That said I just don't get the Wilson hype. He has the potential to be very good, don't get me wrong, but the fact he was in a 3 way battle for his job in the Spring and was never named Captain is startling.

As for his play on the field I think he runs a fine line between throwing up jump balls and putting the ball where it needs to be.

I LOVED Mahomes coming out because whilst he played off the cuff like Wilson / had mechanics you wouldn't teach an 8 year old QB (both arm and footwork), he was DEADLY accurate with the ball. Wilson.... not so much for me - or maybe I'm just not seeing the genius.