Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

No Pitts? Slater gone? Pene off the board?


Recommended Posts

That's okay. This is the guy the Panthers need to draft. 

I know this teams needs help in the T department but the current Corners that the Panthers have are....below average at best. 

Seeing how the board might shake up. I believe the 6'1 205 pound Horn can be that #1 CB we've been missing since Gamble and Bradberry left. At #8 some may think it's too high to take him, but unless there's a trade partner within the 11-15 mark, I don't think Horn will be there. Ideally, trading back just far enough to get him and assets would be phenomenal, but we'll have to wait and see. 

  • Pie 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

That's okay. This is the guy the Panthers need to draft. 

I know this teams needs help in the T department but the current Corners that the Panthers have are....below average at best. 

Seeing how the board might shake up. I believe the 6'1 205 pound Horn can be that #1 CB we've been missing since Gamble and Bradberry left. At #8 some may think it's too high to take him, but unless there's a trade partner within the 11-15 mark, I don't think Horn will be there. Ideally, trading back just far enough to get him and assets would be phenomenal, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Would be an interesting decision for sure- with those guys off the board you’re either looking at a Qb that has dropped, or you’ve got your pick of the litter at WR. If you’ve got Fields there you take him 100%. If not then hopefully someone is willing to give us a kings ransom to move up for Lance, Chase, maybe even Jones. I’d prefer to trade back in that scenario and pick up someone like Parsons, who for some reason people have sliding. Dudes gonna be such a stud. But interior OL, LB, CB or even DT is on the table if we’re drafting in the 12-20 range. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

were gonna get a great pick at #10 when we call Denver and tell them we are picking Trey Lance at #8, and then Dallas and tell them we are taking Pitts at #9.  

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In this situation, I assume you basically throwing out the trade down a few a picks and we can still get this guy, what do you think? I mean, I'm like most around here, I'd like Slater or Pitts and if they were both gone I'd definitely be ok with trading down a few picks if it came with a nice haul if it meant we could still get someone like Horn. I think he's very good and it would be nice to have an elite corner if he does turn out to be that. I'm hoping this will be the highest pick we have earned in the draft for a long time so I just want it to be a great player that helps this team win for a long time. If we can do that with our first pick and perhaps get a couple of other good players too then sure, why not? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kollmann is kinda bad at actually picking guys based on his track record. He's good at generating hype  though.

Not that it means this guy isn't a good player.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MilkyCastles said:

 If you’ve got Fields there you take him 100%. 

I totally disagree. HE and Lance are the 2 players that would give us the best haul in a trade back scenario. HE is the player the Pats might be willing to give up too much for making the risk of trading down to possibly get a player like Horn over a Slater or Waddle or Pitts even something to consider as it could bring not only another high pick this year but maybe a first next year too. He and Lance are what we are selling, not what we're buying. 

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MilkyCastles said:

I’d prefer to trade back in that scenario and pick up someone like Parsons, who for some reason people have sliding. Dudes gonna be such a stud. But interior OL, LB, CB or even DT is on the table if we’re drafting in the 12-20 range. 

I may be in the minority but Jeremiah  Owusu-Koramoah is my fav lb of the class. Probably because I would just LOVE to see the havoc of Shaq-Denzel-JOK with Chinn roaming behind them. I'm a fan of physicality...aggressive but not stupid physicality. Been missing that since TD and Mike Mitchell were on the field together. 

Parson however would be better in our scheme. His blitz ability and his run defense would mesh well. I do think he'll be highly effective wherever he lands. 

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I totally disagree. HE and Lance are the 2 players that would give us the best haul in a trade back scenario. HE is the player the Pats might be willing to give up too much for making the risk of trading down to possibly get a player like Horn over a Slater or Waddle or Pitts even something to consider as it could bring not only another high pick this year but maybe a first next year too. He and Lance are what we are selling, not what we're buying. 

I guess it depends on how you view Fields. I think fields is QB2 in this draft, think there’s 0% chance he makes it past SF. But agreed, if the Panthers don’t view him as such then for sure he would net us a future 1 at the very least. Gonna be a fun draft either way. Unlike most years you really can’t project much after pick 2. 

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • E4BFr3rVUAIm1Zm.jpg

     

     

     

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Im big on positional value. Its like many things in that theres exceptions and judge case by case. Like I dont value Safety or Guard.......but that changes if the safety is Ed reed and the guard is QNelson.  @rmoneyg35 is right about not spending the 7th overall on a NT, but brown showed week 1 -17 thats he entering the exception status. I honestly didnt want Brown cause I thought theres no chance he could repeat his college tape in the pros.....week one about 6 plays into game. Brown forklifts the 400 LB king douche Richie incognito about 4 yards backwards. After the whistle Richie has to adjust his helmet and chin strap. (of course later in the game douche drives at Browns knees and gave other cheap shots). That happened many times during the season, but you had to re-watch and focus on brown. DT are some of the hardest to judge, cause they get no stats. But many times are the reasons for other teammates stats. 
    • Typically, only the elite pass rushing DT's get drafted in the top 15. Being that space eater is a very important but those guys don't typically command huge salaries or get drafted that highly. Like I said, I get the theory behind it but I think he was the right choice.
    • As long as it's not the old Panther's offense of yore where half our PA plays were just: "PA -> all go routes." With our speedsters not named Steve Smith of Keary Colbert, and Kris Mangum, or whatever it was at the time. Just a joke to defend and led to Jake getting crushed far too often for a massive loss.
×
×
  • Create New...