• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jersey number rule change passes

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:
  • Changed a rule that will now force a loss of down if two passes are completed behind the line of scrimmage.

What the heck is this?

My guess is that if a QB throws a pass, then gets batted back by a defensive player, and the QB catches the ball back behind the line of scrimmage, he cannot throw it again. 

Edited by DeSim

3 hours ago, DeSim said:

My guess is that if a QB throws a pass, then gets batted back by a defensive player, and the QB catches the ball back behind the line of scrimmage, he cannot throw it again. 

I believe there was a Tom Brady pass that was completed exactly that way that facilitated the rule change. 

Maybe I'm just being old school but I kind of like the traditional numbering system. It's kind of a way to differentiate college and the pros, and sort of a welcome to the big leagues thing for me. That said I'm guessing they need to new numbers so its not a huge deal at the end of the day.

• Pie 2