• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers are working hard to lay foundation for a trade back

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Lotta red flags on Fields.  You folks would give all you have for an unknown with good athleticism than for a known player who was in a terrible situation.

I get it, but I think the thing to do is build around Darnold to see what he has.  Is Fields a generational talent?  They said that about Vince Young and Michael Vick.  They said it about Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. 

They said it about Cam, and then they did not protect him or give him weaponry. 

I like Fields--I really do--but let's keep it between the lanes.

well you’re right about one thing, Sam darnold is a known

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Lotta red flags on Fields.  You folks would give all you have for an unknown with good athleticism than for a known player who was in a terrible situation.

I get it, but I think the thing to do is build around Darnold to see what he has.  Is Fields a generational talent?  They said that about Vince Young and Michael Vick.  They said it about Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. 

They said it about Cam, and then they did not protect him or give him weaponry. 

I like Fields--I really do--but let's keep it between the lanes.

You're starting to remind me quite a lot of the Cam naysayers before the 2011 draft. 🤔 The same ones that wanted Clausen or Blaine Gabbert ignoring all their obvious faults for some reason. 🤔

• Poo 4

23 minutes ago, Growl said:

they’re gonna do it

theyre gonna give Bill Belichick another franchise QB and all they’re gonna get out of it is some mid round crap so they can say “we got Sam darnold for basically nothing!”

Another?

If Cam was still a franchise QB they wouldn’t be calling around trying to trade up for a QB

Cam was once a franchise QB. But those days are gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I saw that the saints were looking to trade up and get him... not sure if we would fall past them.

His medical red flags are kinda nuts.  More than just the back.  I’ll be shocked if he goes in the top 16 (top half). 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

- If Panthers trade with Eagles at 12 the team would be interested in CB Jaycee Horn, LT Slater or LB Micah Parsons 

- If Panthers trade with Patriots at 15 the team would be targeting LT Christian Darrisaw or Caleb Farley

CB Horn and Slater at 12, no Parsons. 
15's targets are correct, we are high on Farley. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

CB Horn and Slater at 12, no Parsons. 
15's targets are correct, we are high on Farley. 

Verge, I know Drew Rosenhouse says he won't get past 20 and agents basically dictate everything, but with all the injuries and even possibly the covid thing, I could really see him slipping to our pick in round 2. Got to think at least 1 or 2 teams probably have him off their boards due to injury. FWIW I still think he goes RD 1, but imagine if we trade back snag Slater, then get Fairley and a WR in RD 2 😍......

Edited by Jared Patterson