• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Yep I get the impression they wanted to see Donte in the nickel before they considered how they might pay him, if at all. 

I've always seen Donte as a more natural nickel, this coaching staff does as well. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This was an excellent selection 

This pick allows us to play AJ Bouye and Horn at outside CB’s and finally play Donte Jackson at his best position slot corner

Troy Pride and Rashaan Melvin as the backup 4th and 5th CB’s 

As Darnold gets sacked 100 times a game and throws a lot of interceptions. At least Horn will be on the field a lot. 

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

Horn was on an island as the SC DL was awful

surtain played behind the bama DL which was borderline nfl good

OK, this is a good start... keep them coming, still not convinced that Horn is better than Surtain. Alabama had superior talent at EVERY position, not just DL.

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It's going to be fuging hilarious if Horn is a horrible bust and Slater and Fields ends up being hall of famers . 

Fitter might make Hurney look like a genius by the the end of this season 

While we are speculating, will you leave the forum if the opposite holds true?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, onmyown said:

You shouldn’t be, huddle may be dumb about a lot of things but draft night is pretty on point...like Little, Brow, Clausen....

Luke is the only single one I can remember being wrong on

This pick is fuging hardcore stupid, there’s no way around it

Thanks for reiterating my point for me, lol. 

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I know you’re upset lol

they did exactly what I thought they would do.  

but I honestly answered your question.  Why are some not convinced? Because wasn’t a great college DB.  He is a great athlete that can get physical in man coverage.  That’s Horn.  

and I’ll bitch about them taking him at 8 for the week and then be done with it. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

@Varking how do you compare Jeff Okudah to Horn? Your honest non-basis opinion. 

Okudah was better in college and played this year hurt. When Okudah was in college his last year he dominated across the board on every teams number one, got interceptions, sacks, and didn’t commit a single penalty which is insane for a corner.

Horn held lots of guys to low yardage totals though so he has that going for him. But I believe part of that is everyone knowing you can abuse their #2 corners every play. 

• Beer 1