• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why couldn’t we trade down??

Fake reason, you need two to tango.

Real reason, the front office is scared. They did their homework on one or two prospects where they were 100% comfortable with taking them. One of them was gone, and Horn was sitting there. It's why the pick took so long. There were people in the room very much advocating for two other players, but because both the coach and GM feel the need to play it safe they opted with the guy they were sure on.

Not really a great scene.

• Poo 9

Horn nor Surtain would have lasted if we traded down.

The staff must feel good about LT prospects in the 2nd.

After initial WTF, I am feeling better about the pick.

I think we will pick 3 OL the rest of the way.

I would like Radunz, BYU LT, Little in the 2nd.

Then a LG in the 3rd.

Looking at how the board has fallen, it's clear they didn't see any trade back option that still netted them a guy they wanted in the first.

Take the best defensive player in the draft in that situation.

I am usually against CBs in the 1st but we already have good young DE, DT and LB/S.

Can't see us being comfortable trading back to 20 when we only have 1st round grades on 15 players. Also, getting future 1sts is great and all but if you're foregoing an elite prospect for a 2nd tier one by dropping that far, kind of dampers your prospects this year which may not be optimal when you traded away your 2nd round pick in 2022. Would hate for that to be a high 2nd rounder. Gotta put yourself in a position to be semi-competitive this year.

• Pie 4