• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3

Zod

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I like the RB from UNC, Javonte Williams, with our 2nd round pick. Him with CMC could become a new double trouble. So, with that said, the likely pick will be a kicker or punter who plays more like a dog. Go Panthers!

I like Williams. But I think you might be able to find a back alot like him in the  5th or 6th round. Rountree is a hard nosed runner and if you look at this stats, He has the 3rd best college career numbers of RB in this draft. And played on a terrible team. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I like the RB from UNC, Javonte Williams, with our 2nd round pick. Him with CMC could become a new double trouble. So, with that said, the likely pick will be a kicker or punter who plays more like a dog. Go Panthers!

Absolutely not.  Like him as a player, but that's not good value at all.  We already have a lot of money invested at the RB position and need more talent/depth at other positions much more than we need it a RB. 

3 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Absolutely not.  Like him as a player, but that's not good value at all.  We already have a lot of money invested at the RB position and need more talent/depth at other positions much more than we need it a RB. 

We are going to rely on a good running game with Sam as QB. Having two great options in CMC and Williams would ease the pressure on Sam. Just my opinion. We seem to like the old school hard nose football approach. A good ground game compliments that. Plus, no guarantee CMC stays healthy. An injury to him could put copious amounts of pressure on Sam.

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think we may be trying to set the record.

Snow I seriously see us taking a safety in round 2.  and there is an edge, DT or two, etc. there.  Remember, Seattle's "Leigon of Boom?"  Is that where we are headed?

And i have to admit, our current S situation bothers me a bit. 

Another thought from my slightly-active brain--we could go Center (IOL) here--there is better value there than at T.

Ultimately? I think we trade back.

I like Javante, but you cannot use a 2nd rounder here. 

You can grab a guy later in the draft where we have plenty of picks. I see Khalil Herbert as a little underrated, and also like Kylin Hill, Chuba Hubbard, and Elijah Mitchell depending on how far each fall for availability.

Just now, TheProcess said:

I like Javante, but you cannot use a 2nd rounder here. 

You can grab a guy later in the draft where we have plenty of picks. I see Khalil Herbert as a little underrated, and also like Kylin Hill, Chuba Hubbard, and Elijah Mitchell depending on how far each fall for availability.

I agree, I'd love Kylin in the 7th or UDFA. Think he ends up there too

I don’t think I like any of these remaining LT‘s in round 2 now. All these guys have huge question marks. There are much safer and better prospects elsewhere. 

We need talent. We can’t afford to miss on picks.

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 3