• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently, Horn was always the pick

NAS

38 minutes ago, davos said:

Well counter to Tepper reportedly wanting Fields, he looked pretty on board. 

Time will tell with this one.  Maybe Sewell being off the board saved a potential Horn over Sewell scenario from melting this board into oblivion lol.

Fields was always a smokescreen. You don't trade that much for a guy and start running a marketing campaign with him for him not to be the guy.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Rhule has also said that when Fit was chosen as the GM that he needed some who was a great talent evaluator to help him make the right choices on personnel based on what he wanted in the player/position.   So with that being said I'm sure that Fits laid out to him where the guys "should" be taken based on position value.  That's how it should work.

I got the sense that’s exactly how the dynamic works between them and I like it.  

16 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

This pick should assuage fears of Tepper meddling. 
Tepper apparently is just talk when it comes to getting a franchise QB. 

I worry about this not working and Tepper going full Jerry Jones in a couple of years.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

I got the sense that’s exactly how the dynamic works between them and I like it.  

That is how is supposed to work and I think we finally have the right balance to do a better job of building a consistently competitive team.  Time will tell I suppose.  I do know that I personally think that this approach will pay off when it's all said and done.  I just wish Tepper had hired Fits a year or two sooner. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

They should release the footage of 10 minutes before when they were all yelling obscenities because of the Lions.

I would love to see that myself.  I'm sure that they had a contingency plan if that happened.  They tried to get a trade done that they could live with that would keep them within the top 15 that would still give the a chance to take either Horn or someone else they had in their top 15 or 16 and add some more picks.  I think we got one of the top 3 needed positions addressed at least.  

49 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Fields was always a smokescreen. You don't trade that much for a guy and start running a marketing campaign with him for him not to be the guy.

You don't trade the equivalent of our third round pick this year for a guy and not make him the guy?

I mean... 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeeehhh, maybe. We don't really know what Rhule said to him. Could have been something as simple as "we really like you".

Reports confirm that we did take trade down offers.

We did take trade offers, but none of them were sufficient to kiss Horn goodbye.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We did take trade offers, but none of them were sufficient to kiss Horn goodbye.

Exactly.  The risk of losing a top prospect was too great to not get a much better offer to offset the loss.  I like that approach myself.  They are playing chess, not pickup sticks.  

Edited by Jon Snow
Typo
  • Pie 2