• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 (b) - pick 22 - Keith Taylor DB from Washington

Just now, rayzor said:

true. i'm not sure about the special teams stuff, but i'm sure he's got the wheels to be a good gunner. it may take time for him to be a starter, but in a year or two i can see it. this year it would probably be situational stuff he gets brought in on, but he would be able to hang with some of the better WRs in the league when he does. 

Yeah that’s why I figured a practice squad spot isn’t necessarily bad for him. He can be called up for spot duty if we have injuries. If he has special teams ability that will help him get a jersey on game days. Nobody should expect this guy to be a major contributor this year tho. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I actually like the player just fine but there were several options on the board that I liked better. This feels like we are trying to show everyone how smart we are and that can get you in trouble.

Yes, that's it! Because the pros liked other guys than you, they are showing how smart they are! 

Wow

22 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah that’s why I figured a practice squad spot isn’t necessarily bad for him. He can be called up for spot duty if we have injuries. If he has special teams ability that will help him get a jersey on game days. Nobody should expect this guy to be a major contributor this year tho. 

practice squad would be dangerous, though. could see him getting snagged by another team. Would rather have one of the other guys picked off.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Panthers selected Washington CB Keith Taylor with the No. 166 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Taylor (6'2/198) started for Huskies his final two years on campus. He didn't accrue any notable accolades and broke up only six passes, none of which were interceptions. Taylor was at his best on film when allowed to sit in shallow zones and drive back toward the ball. Taylor may have an explosive, yet inconsistent trigger on these assignments, but his tackling and demeanor are admirable. Taylor would be best in a zone-heavy scheme, either outside or in the slot, and may have a future at safety if things do not work out at cornerback.

This:  {" Taylor would be best in a zone-heavy scheme, either outside or in the slot, and may have a future at safety if things do not work out at cornerback."}