• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how good are we expecting Jaycee Horn to be?

Lots of corners in the league. Lots of corners who get drafted every year. Okudah was the 3rd pick last year and I know it's early but so far looks like he shouldn't have been the pick. Are we expecting him to be leaning more towards elite or more towards just average?

• Poo 2

How can you say that about Odukah? He was injured the majority of the year and showed flashes of greatness.

Cornerback is the second hardest position to transition to from College to Pros. I expect a top 30 performance from horn this year, with signs of solid CB play. Anything higher than that is a bonus. Funny thing.... even this would be the best we’ve had since bradberry

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 6

16 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Lots of corners in the league. Lots of corners who get drafted every year. Okudah was the 3rd pick last year and I know it's early but so far looks like he shouldn't have been the pick. Are we expecting him to be leaning more towards elite or more towards just average?

You evidently don't know anything about his college play, and the stats of elite receivers that can't produce against him. 

Jaycee Horn has a rare combination of size and agility. He’s  over six feet and is extremely smooth in and out of breaks. His first step seems to be a lot quicker than any other 6 foot corners this year.

I think he was the best one in the draft and worthy of our # 8 pick pick. He is a future pro bowl type player and may wind up as the best CB in Panthers history.

• Pie 1

His ability to cover receivers is gonna do wonders for the defense. Believe that, this defense will have elements that not even Rivera defenses had. I think the pressure is on snow to get the most out of all the talent he has been given. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Last 10 years, Top 10 DBs.  Pretty boom or bust.  Gilmore being the lone exception probably.   Some still have time but I wouldn’t put them on Gilmore’s path when you look at them early vs him early.  He played out his full contract at Buffalo. 

2011 -Peterson - Pro Bowler, year 2.  Pro Bowl year one was returning. 

2012- Claiborne -JAG, on 3rd team 

2012 - Gilmore - Pro Bowler in 7th year with 2nd team 

2013 - Milliner - bust - out of league

2014 - Gilbert - bust, new team by year 3 

2016- Ramsey - All Pro/Pro Bowler, year 2

2016 - Apple - bust, on 3rd team

2018 - Ward- Pro Bowler, year 1

2020 -  Okudah -TBD

• Pie 3