• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ye Evolution of the OL has Begunst

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

I puked in my mouth a little bit.

• Pie 2
12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am scared they will.  He want elite LT money.  And if so, they let him walk.  I always estimate on the high side, however, so maybe his demands are just a negotiation tactic. Nobody should negotiate in 2020-21 if they could get tagged.

Traumatized from the Marty days. I don’t think this front office will make the same mistakes. 

• Beer 1
56 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I puked in my mouth a little bit.

we've had a lot worse.

it's going to take a while to fix it.

• Pie 1
4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

we've had a lot worse.

it's going to take a while to fix it.

I hope we have. It is a rough unit, without a doubt. 

That was why I was so down on our draft. This appeared to be such a great OL draft.

• Pie 1
3 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I love Moton.  But you can draft 12 RT’s every year in the draft and barely find 3 LT’s.  I want to keep Moton.  But not for LT pay. 

Yes I may regret this statement. 

Far too reasonable to regret.  You do not pay out of position.  If he’s not Orlando Pace or Anthony Munoz, he doesn’t get that pay.  Plus, RT...  is not LT.

5 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I love Moton.  But you can draft 12 RT’s every year in the draft and barely find 3 LT’s.  I want to keep Moton.  But not for LT pay. 

Yes I may regret this statement. 

Could not agree more. However, i do think he should get top RT pay. 

If he wants LT pay, go prove it and play at LT for a year. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The level of dumb homerism in this thread with zero knowledge behind it is amazing.

It’s called optimism.  Like Cicada, it emerges from hibernation every year around draft time, but only lives until game three of the regular season when reality kills it.  They’re harmless.   

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Flames 2
10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I hope we have. It is a rough unit, without a doubt. 

That was why I was so down on our draft. This appeared to be such a great OL draft.

If we had taken Smith instead of taking a LS, I think we had some solid potential to work with and a better chance.

I don’t get why all of a sudden Moton is being shown the door. If Moton and Paradis are gone, the piece we have left over aren’t close to a good OL unless miraculously every player lives up to their potential.

Every year FAs get more money. That’s why we had a bargain for Cam for a few years and that’s why Dallas had to pay Dak so much and why Rodgers is being such a baby. Paying Moton top tackle is deserved and very easily affordable given the amount we are paying the other guys, especially if Paradis is gone.

Boggles my mind that people cry about OL every single year, even 2015 when we actually had a top 2 to 5 ranked OL, yet we seem satisfied with a 3rd rounder, 6th rounder and UDFA surrounding to cast off vets. Erving and Elflein aren’t anchors like when we had Norwell, Ryan and Turner anchoring the middle. Not even close.

• Beer 1
15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If we had taken Smith instead of taking a LS, I think we had some solid potential to work with and a better chance.

I don’t get why all of a sudden Moton is being shown the door. If Moton and Paradis are gone, the piece we have left over aren’t close to a good OL unless miraculously every player lives up to their potential.

Every year FAs get more money. That’s why we had a bargain for Cam for a few years and that’s why Dallas had to pay Dak so much and why Rodgers is being such a baby. Paying Moton top tackle is deserved and very easily affordable given the amount we are paying the other guys, especially if Paradis is gone.

Boggles my mind that people cry about OL every single year, even 2015 when we actually had a top 2 to 5 ranked OL, yet we seem satisfied with a 3rd rounder, 6th rounder and UDFA surrounding to cast off vets. Erving and Elflein aren’t anchors like when we had Norwell, Ryan and Turner anchoring the middle. Not even close.

I don't see how drafting another G with our compensatory 6th would've made that much of a difference. We can only start 2 Gs. Between Miller, who was solid on the line last year, Daley, Elflein, Brown and Moore, not to mention Erving who has played a lot of snaps at G and Christensen, who some project to start at G before eventually kicking out to LT, where would Smith get an opportunity to bolster this line? I really think the disappointment about passing Smith is overblown. We already took one G who dropped for one reason or another in the 6th. We decided Brown was a better prospect than Smith. At a certain point throwing all your eggs in one basket has diminishing returns. There's a very real chance Smith wouldn't have survived to the 53.

I completely agree that talk of not resigning Moton is foolish. Tackle is where we have our biggest question marks. I'm actually fine with the rest of the line. I suspect our plan is to utilize Scott and Erving as temporary plugs at LT (whoever wins the camp competition) while grooming Christensen to take over either before the end of the year or start of 2022. And if he isn't showing any potential to make the leap, we're back to figuring out a solution in the 2022 offseason. But hopefully he does.

• Pie 1
49 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

I don't see how drafting another G with our compensatory 6th would've made that much of a difference. We can only start 2 Gs. Between Miller, who was solid on the line last year, Daley, Elflein, Brown and Moore, not to mention Erving who has played a lot of snaps at G and Christensen, who some project to start at G before eventually kicking out to LT, where would Smith get an opportunity to bolster this line? I really think the disappointment about passing Smith is overblown. We already took one G who dropped for one reason or another in the 6th. We decided Brown was a better prospect than Smith. At a certain point throwing all your eggs in one basket has diminishing returns. There's a very real chance Smith wouldn't have survived to the 53.

I completely agree that talk of not resigning Moton is foolish. Tackle is where we have our biggest question marks. I'm actually fine with the rest of the line. I suspect our plan is to utilize Scott and Erving as temporary plugs at LT (whoever wins the camp competition) while grooming Christensen to take over either before the end of the year or start of 2022. And if he isn't showing any potential to make the leap, we're back to figuring out a solution in the 2022 offseason. But hopefully he does.

Smith was a day 2 prospect if not for the medical concern. That’s the type of flyer I think we should take because our OL is a big damn question mark and as far as talent goes, Smith could be a better G than all bolded. The guys you have bolded had PFF ratings of 48, 58 and 60 or are 3rd rounders we’d like to win the LT job, 6th rounders or UDFAs.

That crew is really enough shots taken to get a good OL when Paradis and Moton might be gone?

If we lose Moton and Paradis then every OL drafted has to work out for us to not have the worst OL in 2022. A shot at Smith or a trade up for Forsythe instead of the 7th round DT is way better IMHO than a LS. I liked Smith’s talent but don’t get hung up on him, I just think we needed to load up on OL to have a better chance at finding a Norwell.