• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ye Evolution of the OL has Begunst

MHS831

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

The Panthers are going to give Moton like the 4th or 5th biggest OL deal in history? Gosh, I hope not. He’s good, but not that level of elite. They should let him walk if that’s the asking price. 

I am scared they will.  He want elite LT money.  And if so, they let him walk.  I always estimate on the high side, however, so maybe his demands are just a negotiation tactic. Nobody should negotiate in 2020-21 if they could get tagged.

Edited by MHS831

I’d rather pay an LT then an RT but the reality is Moton is the only good known we have right now. Which is why I thought drafting an RT might have been a good move for us. Use moton money to target a vet FA LT next year and let the 2nd year RT start.

11 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Moton isn't the type of player you gamble with. He's young, skilled, healthy and plays a key position. Even if we spend a couple million more than we want, the loss of Moton would be harder to recover from than whoever we might have signed for the $2 million or per year so we might be apart on in contract negotiations. Drafting Christensen doesn't suddenly make Moton expendable. And Erving has been a liability at tackle whenever he's been asked to start. He functions better as a swing tackle for depth.

Our offensive line situation has been a major question mark for years. Resigning Moton gives us the opportunity to have a very solid outlook for the next few years if Christensen can grow into the LT role. And if he can't, then we will need Moton even more

Overpaying people to stay because we can’t risk losing them? Marty, is that you? 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

19 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Moton isn't the type of player you gamble with. He's young, skilled, healthy and plays a key position. Even if we spend a couple million more than we want, the loss of Moton would be harder to recover from than whoever we might have signed for the $2 million or per year so we might be apart on in contract negotiations. Drafting Christensen doesn't suddenly make Moton expendable. And Erving has been a liability at tackle whenever he's been asked to start. He functions better as a swing tackle for depth.

Our offensive line situation has been a major question mark for years. Resigning Moton gives us the opportunity to have a very solid outlook for the next few years if Christensen can grow into the LT role. And if he can't, then we will need Moton even more

We have a ton of cap space next year but a good chunk will be paid to Moore and Moton. Anderson will need a contract too if we plan to keep him but if everything pans out we might let him walk. LT spot is definitely going to be interesting and hopefully Christensen can take the spot over by years end like you have said.

• Pie 1

What about Trent Scott ?  He did OK as a fill-in when Okung went down.  He was poached from the Chargers under the advice of our OL coach Pat Meyer (who previously coached him in LA).  

As an UDFA I love that fact that he's continued to get better over the years. 

• Pie 1