• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

To me Teddy was still playing like a backup. Quick passes and check down passes to try to not lose the game. Solidified starters have to take risks and trust their teammates to do their jobs. His arm being somewhat limited is part of it, but part of it is the mental aspect of trying to play it safe. Later in the season we had nothing to lose (were out of the playoff race) and he still kept it dialed in during the 4th quarter when we were down. Unless he can change his mindset he will always be a great backup and below average starter.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

The reaction to this is interesting. Fans rip coaches and players constantly but with little understanding of the situation. Over and over we said the red zone offense sucked. Teddy played a part in that but why couldn't the OC with zero experience as an OC have some things he's not good at yet? Maybe there is something to learn from this.

Teddy was answering a question and did it respectfully and professionally. If this had been in reference to Shula or the Turners or Rivera this could be applauded.  I see on the One Panther Place Twitter where our very own ellis is saying he should be focused on Denver. Why is Bridgewater not allowed to answer questions and need to move on while the Twitter account in question gets to spend a whole day plus making content over it? This account dwells on a lot of things much older but I guess only media can do that? By the way I check that account every day and appreciate the content as it just about the only independent thing left. I don't agree with every point there but that's fine.

Players make a lot of money and I suppose this comes with the territory but the personal attacks and wishes for broken legs because of this are pathetic.

Huge difference between a fan criticizing and an integral part of the failure making the same criticism. A 6th year QB who can't hit a open guy directly in front of him and fumbles on the goal line trying to improv frankly has no authority to speak on how the coaches should handle redzone situations. He's an unprofessional loser who has a lot to say about everyone but himself when things go wrong.

• Pie 2

This provides further evidence that the problem lies with Rhule and Brady, and they should have been shown the door and the team built around Teddy.

He didn’t earn the nickname “Teddy Icewater” for nothing. I expect great things from him in Denver behind his wisdom and leadership, especially in crunch time.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, BigTeddyFan said:

This provides further evidence that the problem lies with Rhule and Brady, and they should have been shown the door and the team built around Teddy.

He didn’t earn the nickname “Teddy Icewater” for nothing. I expect great things from him in Denver behind his wisdom and leadership, especially in crunch time.

Question, how many drinks do you consume in a day?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

clown GIF by Team Coco

• Pie 2

On 5/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, TheRumGone said:

As an organization, there's things you can do better as well," he said. "I'll just say this, for (offensive coordinator Joe) Brady's growth, that organization, they'll have to practice things in different ways. One of the things we didn't do much of when I was there, we didn't practice two-minute (situations), really. We didn't practice red zone ... (But) I'm appreciative of the opportunity and I just keep it moving."

I have a very hard time believing this

The lack of practice on 2-minute situations would explain why we sucked on drives that could've won the game.

The real issue was COVID restrictions. It was a problem for almost every QB in a new system other than Brady and Rivers.